The Energy Detective Forums
December 14, 2017, 11:26:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Current List of 3rd Party Applications
TEDMarketing
Global Moderator

« on: February 24, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »

To view our latest Third Party Applications, please visit: http://www.theenergydetective.com/third-party-apps

Web Apps
Google PowerMeter - Google PowerMeter is a free application that is embedded in every TED5000 Gateway.  Once you have your TED5000 up and running, click the "Edit" tab and then "Activate Google PowerMeter" link.

it's electric - it's electric is an application by Robert Tupelo-Scheck that allows you to view your TED5000 data remotely on the web.  Anyone with a TED5000 who can run Java and a web server can download this program and use it to store and view their own energy data either for personal use or to share over the Web.  It's electric allows automatic data-export of TED data into your own database.

Phone Apps

MiraWatt T5K - Mirawatt T5K is designed by Daniel Lauzon and allows you to view power usage data on your iPhone.  A simple swipe gesture on your iPhone will change the view from Hour, Day, Week, etc.

TED-O-Meter - TED-O-Meter is designed by Nathan Hadfield.  This free application is compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch.  An interactive dial shows your electricity usage.

iTED - iTED is a mobile application for iOS and Android OS devices such as the iPhone for monitoring energy usage in conjunction with our TED 5000 series.  You can monitor your home or business energy usage while on-the-go or just to help figure out about how much that new device you just turned on uses in energy!

AndTED - AndTed is a mobile application for Android for monitoring your TED5000.

TEDisplay - TEDisplay is a mobile application for HP/Palm webOS devices such as the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. TEDisplay works with your TED 5000 to monitor your energy usage directly on your phone. TEDisplay supports multi-MTU configurations with access to just about every data value available from the TED 5000. And, with a properly configured home network, you can monitor your energy usage from just about anywhere!

Browser Apps

TED the Toolbar - A Firefox Add-On that will allow you to monitor your TED1000 or TED5000.

Home Automation Apps

Eragy Energy Control4 Application - This application integrates the TED 5000 with Control4 Home Automation systems, creating a powerful energy management system for your home.

AMX - a free version for AMX Netlinx Home Automation systems.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:51:21 PM by TEDMarketing » Logged
stanar

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:54:31 AM »

We now have a Windows 7/Vista Sidebar Gadget. You can download with install instructions at

http://vishansolutions.com/

Please feel free to email with any comments at wattcost@gmail.com
BSCSoftware

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 02:11:33 PM »

We are happy to annouce that the Energy Viewer is now avilable on the Google Play Market for Android.

The EnergyViewer application displays usage information from your TED® (the Energy Detective) device and it is designed to work with TED5000® devices. The EnergyViewer’s Today dashboard display provides current and recorded information from your TED5000® device. It also provides historical data information for the last 24 hour, 30 days, and 12 months depending on what you have stored on your device. The EnergyViewer supports multi-MTU systems.

The Energy Viewer application requires your TED5000® devices to be connected to the internet to be able to view your information away from your home, or to a WiFi enabled home network to view in your home on a WiFi enabled Android device.

Note: By default, the app is setup to view the TED® Demo site. You must already have a TED® 5000 device installed and set up in your house or business to be able to use this application to see your specific energy readings. Once you have your device set up, update the UserID, Password, and URL to enable viewing of your device.

For Android:
EnergyViewer can be downloaded from the Google Play Market by following this link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bscsoftware.energyviewer&feature=search_result#?t=W10.

Please contact us at suprt.bscsoftware@gmail.com to let us know what other functionality you would like to see.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:58:53 PM by BSCSoftware » Logged
jimmy neutron

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »

We now have a Windows 7/Vista Sidebar Gadget. You can download with install instructions at

http://vishansolutions.com/

Please feel free to email with any comments at wattcost@gmail.com

Doesn't work - won't update to show my readings. All info entered correctly. Can you fix this as this is the ONLY widget for desktop, and possible make a Yahoo widget as well? TED is really suffering from not having more developer support for desktop apps and widgets. Also, how about making the widget look like the iPhone and Android interface? Pretty it up a bit?

Jimmy
gregzoll

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:17:13 AM »

Jimmy Neutron, I had no problems with the gadget.  You have to input the IP of the Ted gateway on your network, under the settings for the gadget.
jimmy neutron

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 06:47:19 AM »

I downloaded the gadget from the link given in the 3rd party software and it did not work. I deleted and redownloaded it and still nothing. Then I decided to use the "Add Gadgets" from within the Windows 7 sidebar. It downloaded and took all info and is displaying all information properly. Sure glad something is working on this TED 5000!

Jimmy
jimmy neutron

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 08:37:39 AM »

Nope, I take my last post back. THe widget does not update ANY change - it just reads a constant 1.805kW, 121.80v, $0.15, and my entered name. It won't register any changes in electricity, even though the Footprints is registering changes. I don't see I could have done anything wrong during install as there are no user controls other than ip address and user name. I guess this widget is broken too?

Jimmy
PlymouthStateTED

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 12:40:19 AM »

Seeing as how the original post for the third party applications was over a year ago, I was wonderind if there is anyone that knows which applications are considered the best/better than others?  I've seen eragy come up a bit but I wanted to see if I could get any input/ feedback from what others are using or whats available.
I am looking to set up a place where university students could see the footprint infomation and use it as an educational piece.  Maybe have a kiosk/tv screen/ ipad to display the information for visitors to the "Ecohouse" that TED is installed on our campus.
Any suggestions would be great!!
Thanks,
Matt
PlymouthStateTED

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »

Hey guys,
So I decided to go with the  myEnerSave platform but when I go to activate the third party posting, I just keep getting an error messege saying that it got timed out...  Any suggestions for making this work?
thanks in advance!
-Matt
RussellH

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 09:30:25 PM »

but when I go to activate the third party posting, I just keep getting an error messege saying that it got timed out...  Any suggestions for making this work?

How do you have the GW set up in your network?  If you're using a static IP, have you supplied valid values for the network gateway and DNS?
PlymouthStateTED

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »

Sorry for not seeing your post sooner...
After much struggling I had the IT guy come and set everything up.  He had it set up so that we can access the footprint page from any computer on campus through the VPN.  SO I can't be sure but I think he did use a static IP.  I had everything sending information to the right places (footprint page & display units), so I think it should have had the right values.  My knowledge of this stuff is limited, but how do you supply the values for the network gateway and DNS?  I am assuming that is under the footprint page when you first set everything up...
RussellH

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 09:31:33 PM »

My knowledge of this stuff is limited, but how do you supply the values for the network gateway and DNS?  I am assuming that is under the footprint page when you first set everything up...

If the system is up and running, you can edit the values by going to Edit > System Settings Wizard.  Go to the Network Settings tab.
pasayten

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 11:41:05 PM »

Tray Notifier at http://www.scottatlanta82.net/ is now a "bad" link...

Is there an update to this?

pasayten - Winthrop, WA
Household with Ted 5000 and Brayden Load Control Device
http://www.mymethow.info
Support7
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, pasayten,

We have removed the bad link, but were unable to ascertain if there was an updated link or version.

Regards,

TED Support

smart-me

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 01:46:41 PM »

Hi,

smart-me is now supporting the TED Devices.

Smart-me is a (free) online energy monitoring system for electricity, water, gas and heat. It's available as Browser Version and as Smart-phone App (android).

Web: http://smart-me.com

Instruction how to setup the TED you can find here: http://smart-me.com/Description/PDF/Setup_Ted.pdf
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: