Author Topic: ted 5000 stops transmitting  (Read 5113 times)

cnobert

ted 5000 stops transmitting
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:40:58 PM »
Hi,

Ever since Google PowerMeter went down I have been sending my data to my own web server.

The problem is, the TED unit stops sending data for no apparent reason. It will send data nicely for days, or only for hours, and then cease working.

An unplugging/replugging of the unit usually gets it to start sending data again, but it invariably decides to quit again.

I've attached a screen capture of my stats page.

Any ideas?

TedDev

• TED Software Developent
  • Administrator
Re: ted 5000 stops transmitting
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 01:12:28 AM »
A 1000 means that its not able to connect to the server. This sometimes happens during DNS resolution (which it tries to resolve on each connection due). One thing to try is an IP to see if that helps. Also, make sure you are running the latest firmware as we fixed a bug in R406 that would cause the gateway to stop posting if the remote server was offline for a given period of time.

Also verify that you are still receiving data from the MTU before you restart your gateway (specifically minute packets). It won't send data if its not received from the MTU (and sometimes restarting a gateway seems to mask line noise issues).

TedDev

• TED Software Developent
  • Administrator
Re: ted 5000 stops transmitting
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »
There is a new build that has some enhancements to third party posting that may help with this issue. Please give it a try if you are still having issues: http://www.theenergydetectiveforums.com/index.php/topic,1127.0.html/topic,1127.0.html