Author Topic: Unrealistic High readings on my dashboard and histories.  (Read 1834 times)

JasLine

Unrealistic High readings on my dashboard and histories.
« on: February 25, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »
Hi, first post. be nice to me. :) Sometimes my TED5000 records a number that is so high that I would have to have been struck by lightning. Dies anyone have an explanation or a fix for this anomaly.

here is a copy and paste of my Dashboard Maybe a little hard to read but you get the idea. Not a machine shop or U.S. Steel. a single family home. average KWh per month 300.

KWH USED SINCE MIDNIGHT 35645.4 kWh    171319 KWH USED THIS MONTH     35645.4 kWh PROJECTED KWH    USAGE 2147483.6 kWh     PRESENT VOLTAGE 123.1 volts  home: 123.1   Solar: 122.1    1Sola: 122.1    AVERAGE DAILY KWH USAGE 99862.6 kWh

Any help would be great.

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Unrealistic High readings on my dashboard and histories.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 11:39:31 AM »
Hey JasLine,

These spike's are hard to narrow down since we cannot account for certain environmental variables with your local installation. Typically they are associated with black/brown out's or lighting strikes/surges across the power line causing a hardware conflict with recognizing the correct energy reading. There have been some hardware changes and updates to account for this in the latest model TED Pro Home so it's less likely to happen but since our theory of why it happens is hardware related and the TED5000 has been out of production for quite some time, we don't really have a solid solution other then recommending an upgrade to the TED Pro Home to take advantage of the hardware updates that are designed to account for this. Although depending on severity of a surge or black/brown out the anomalies are still possible.

TED Pro Home: http://www.theenergydetective.com/prohomestore.html

You can clear the high number from the dashboard totals by going to Footprints > Advanced > Reset Totals to Zero. This won't delete your history but it does reset the totals on the dashboard essentially like starting the month on your meter read date.

jlsoaz

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:20:35 AM »
[...]
You can clear the high number from the dashboard totals by going to Footprints > Advanced > Reset Totals to Zero. This won't delete your history but it does reset the totals on the dashboard essentially like starting the month on your meter read date.

It's roughly the same question from me that Jasline had, so digging up this old thread.  In this last bit of the response above, there is something about resetting totals to zero.  I can do that, but suspect I'll get out of this what I get out of the TED5000 software every few years now, which is totally losing all my data.  What I'd like is the ability to go in and remove data points that are obviously wrong.  For me they happen about once or twice per year and totally ruin any ability I might have to view a long term chart that incorporates the offending dates.  I'm guessing there is no feature in the software that allows for manually changing an individual day or hour or month data point, but if there isn't, then I'm just noting what I'd like for future repairs of my data.

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 11:38:26 PM »
As Support7 said, last year, the Ted5000 is now very old technology, and you should not be looking for any significant change in its firmware or for new standalone software for it. I can testify that this problem is much rarer with the Pro device, but I have also written a 'saved data editor' for the Pro which I have made available to deal with any residual problems. Unfortunately, this application, which operates on saved backup data, only works on the files saved by the newer devices.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits