Author Topic: TED5000 Beta R469/R245  (Read 26789 times)

TedDev

• TED Software Developent
  • Administrator
Re: TED5000 Beta R454/R245
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 01:07:38 AM »
You'll need to do a hard reset but that no longer erases history...just system and utility settings.

celblazer

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 01:25:42 AM »
I've tried a hard reset.  Left it unplugged for about over an hour.  I still get the 404 error and no communications to the display.

gman19

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 05:26:03 AM »
Does unplugging the gateway for a span of time qualify as a "hard reset"?
I would think it would, but just want to make sure.  I am not getting any 404 errors,
I can get footprints to come up and can access the stats.htm page as well with no problem.

Even the "About" shows my firmware to have taken to the latest version and footprints did too.

I just cannot log in so that I can restore my settings.arrrrgggghhhh!

I cannot do any further troubleshooting tonight.  I will start messing with it some more tomorrow.

gman19

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 10:41:30 PM »
OK...I unplugged my gateway and left it for over 18 hours.  IF this qualifies as a hard reset, I'm still out of business.
I powered down my router for about half an hour...let it reboot and initialize for about 15 minutes, then plugged in my gateway.

After about 5 minutes, I opened IE and went to the footprints shortcut, and it loaded up.  I proceeded to restore my settings...good huh???

I opened the settings file and hit "restore" and once the bar graph got to 6% complete, footprints quit loading the restore file, and sit there
prompting me for a password that no one knows what the hell is.  admin/admin doesn't work.  My old password/username doesn't work.
Nothing will get me back into this thing.

OK tech support...what gives??

rotus8

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 12:04:02 AM »
To do a hard reset:
While the Gateway is plugged in, use a pen/paperclip to press the reset button on the side of the Gateway and hold for about 20-30 seconds, until the LED right next to the button lights up solid amber. Let go of the button, allow the LEDs to cycle, then unplug the gateway for about 10 minutes. Then you will need to do your setup once again.

gman19

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 03:59:57 AM »
Thanks Rotus...I'll give this a shot tomorrow.  I'm beat at the moment, and the wife is watching TV so I can't get back there to work ;D

paulking

TED5000 Beta R465/R245
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 04:08:09 AM »
Gateway Version 1.0.465
Daughterboard Version 1.0.88
Footprints Version 1.0.245
MTU Version 1.0.61

The beta firmware seems to ignore the "Networks Settings" entry for "HTTP Port", using the default of port 80 even when there is an override value.  It also seems not to listen even to the default "HTTPS Port" setting of 443.

If this is not the correct forum for beta issues, please advise.

PV-Skip

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »
. . .
I opened the settings file and hit "restore" and once the bar graph got to 6% complete, footprints quit loading the restore file, and sit there
prompting me for a password that no one knows what the hell is.  admin/admin doesn't work.  My old password/username doesn't work.

I had almost the same problem last week.
The green bar got stuck and was asking for a password.
Nothing worked. Rotus8 gave me a hint to try admin/admin again, what I did, but with no success at first.

Then I tried everything else and found out, that the passwords have been mixed.
Username admin now worked with my old password.
I was pretty happy until I tried to restore my old username. Same thing happened.
Logged in, put in my new username and during the update (green bar)I was asked about my user and pass. . .
Nothing worked.
So I killed the program with the task manager and after I called up TED again, my user and pass have been updated.
Very strange. . .

gman19

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »
. . .
prompting me for a password that no one knows what the hell is.  admin/admin doesn't work.  My old password/username doesn't work.

I had almost the same problem last week.
The green bar got stuck and was asking for a password.
Nothing worked. Rotus8 gave me a hint to try admin/admin again, what I did, but with no success at first.

Then I tried everything else and found out, that the passwords have been mixed.
Username admin now worked with my old password.
I was pretty happy until I tried to restore my old username. Same thing happened.
Logged in, put in my new username and during the update (green bar)I was asked about my user and pass. . .
Nothing worked.
So I killed the program with the task manager and after I called up TED again, my user and pass have been updated.
Very strange. . .

Strange ideed...I'll have to give this a try once I get home th is afternoon...who knows, I've tried everything else!

sparker

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »
The earlier release notes mention the ability to backup/restore history and point to a (non-working) link to the beta install program for Windows.   I was curious if a) the link could be fixed, and b) if the format of the save/restore data is something that could be regenerated if I have historical data saved from something like google power meter.   Over the weekend I did a firmware upgrade and unfortunately it went awry and I wound up having to fully reset the device and lost all of the previous history, so it'd be nice to find a way to combine my previously saved historical data with the existing data on the device.  I don't mind doing a bit of programming if I have to in order to generate a new historical backup that could be re-uploaded to the device, but right now I don't even have a way to do the save/restore....

It's not quite what you're asking (how to put the data back on the gateway), but I had a problem in the past where the gateway was losing data consistently, so I wrote a script that pulls all the historical data for both the netmeter and the solar generator right off the gateway twice a week. Since I have a Unix box (Mac), I have the following cron entry which runs a "getted" script.

Yes, this results in a lot of duplicate data, but ensures that I don't lose any of the "minute-by-minute" data due to rollover. I have a separate perl script that concatenates all the entries into appropriate files and removes all duplicate lines. These "detailed history files" are fed into other scripts currently under development that show year-to-year graphed comparisons of how my solar panels are doing.

Cron entry:
Code: [Select]
0 1 * * 0,4 "/Users/sparker/Documents/TED_History/getted" > "/Users/sparker/Documents/TED_History/getted.log"
"getted" script which uses "curl" (like wget) to pull data from the gateway directly
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
_time=$(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)
echo "Getting values from TED : $_time"

cd "/Users/sparker/Documents/TED_History"
mkdir "CSV Files/$_time"

# the -o flag is "where to store the data" and
# the 1st parameter is the web URL to get something from
curl -o "CSV Files/$_time/Minutes-MTU0_$_time.csv" "http://<ted IP address>/history/minutehistory.csv?MTU=0&INDEX=0&U=3"
curl -o "CSV Files/$_time/Minutes-MTU1_$_time.csv" "http://<ted IP address>/history/minutehistory.csv?MTU=1&INDEX=0&U=4"

curl -o "CSV Files/$_time/Hours-MTU0_$_time.csv"   "http://<ted IP address>/history/hourlyhistory.csv?MTU=0&INDEX=0&U=5"
curl -o "CSV Files/$_time/Hours-MTU1_$_time.csv"   "http://<ted IP address>/history/hourlyhistory.csv?MTU=1&INDEX=0&U=6"

curl -o "CSV Files/$_time/Daily-MTU0_$_time.csv"   "http://<ted IP address>/history/dailyhistory.csv?MTU=0&INDEX=0&U=7"
curl -o "CSV Files/$_time/Daily-MTU1_$_time.csv"   "http://<ted IP address>/history/dailyhistory.csv?MTU=1&INDEX=0&U=8"

curl -o "CSV Files/$_time/Monthly-MTU0_$_time.csv" "http://<ted IP address>/history/monthlyhistory.csv?MTU=0&INDEX=0&U=9"
curl -o "CSV Files/$_time/Monthly-MTU1_$_time.csv" "http://<ted IP address>/history/monthlyhistory.csv?MTU=1&INDEX=0&U=10"

echo "-   tar and compress files"
cd "CSV Files"
tar -czf "$_time.tgz" "$_time"
rm -rf "$_time"

echo "-   DONE...."

gman19

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2011, 01:11:17 AM »
Finally got resolved...wierd stuff!

Following the hard reset, to the letter, did not work, but may have helped...here was my resolution: I followed the hard reset provided by tech support. After everything came back up, I tried to restore with the same result....Footprints would load the backup of my setup, but when I went to update to the gateway, the password prompt came back....I don't know why I didn't think to do it before but here's where I went... I did another hard reset as instructed. This time I loaded my backup file...and went to review it as Footprints prompted BEFORE I went to update to the gateway. On the Network Settings tab, I UNCHECKED password protection...hoping it would not prompt for a password. Well, it didn't prompt for a password and successfully updated but did something funny... When I went back into Network settings tab, somehow DHCP was turned on. I had to go back and manually enter my static IP information (which was there and correct BEFORE I updated the gateway!) Anyhow, with the password turned off, I successfully have my TED5000 working again.

paulking

Re: TED5000 Beta R466/R245
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »
Gateway Version 1.0.466
Daughterboard Version 1.0.88
Footprints Version 1.0.245
MTU Version 1.0.61

This new version firmware no longer ignores the "Networks Settings" entry for "HTTP Port", but now does not handle DHCP properly.  This can be worked around by setting ip address directly, which does seem to work.  Networking seems unstable in general, with the builtin web server responding very slowly or timing out.

If this is not the correct forum for beta issues, please advise.  Otherwise, a response by an admin would be appreciated.

eagleye

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »
The latest beta has been published. This can be used by both 20-series and 21-series gateway owners.

Gateway R454:  http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/gateway-g-20110727-r454.bin
Footprints R245: http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/Footprints-20110803-R245.bin

I recently upgraded my firmware and now my 20 series gateway is reporting a 210001 product ID in footprints and I cannot change it to what it really is ( 20 08 3E )

See my Footprints here:

http://67.169.140.160:8733/Footprints.html

Please contact support and they'll walk you through resetting the serial id number.

http://www.theenergydetective.com/support/tickets

I have done.  Apparently I need to ship it back to be "re-flashed"
Ticket: #1272
Posted here to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I had this same problem.   My ID was zeros.  It was working for a while like that until I started losing data and the gateway was freezing.  I had to send mine back and they reflashed it.  My memory had been scrambled somehow and it was affecting the gateway operation.  Now here's the interesting thing,  Mine begins with 20, but when they reflashed it, it came back from service with R454/R245.  It works fine now.  But I thought there was a listing here that said not to flash to a 20 gateway with this version.

eagleye

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 02:35:31 PM »
Nevermind, I see the "NOT to flash message online applied to R452 on a 20 unit.

TedDev

• TED Software Developent
  • Administrator
Re: TED5000 Beta R466/R245
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »
This new version firmware no longer ignores the "Networks Settings" entry for "HTTP Port", but now does not handle DHCP properly.  This can be worked around by setting ip address directly, which does seem to work.  Networking seems unstable in general, with the builtin web server responding very slowly or timing out.

Thanks. We will look into it.