The Energy Detective Forums
December 14, 2017, 11:18:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: TED5000 Beta R469/R245
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« on: August 04, 2011, 07:04:34 PM »

The latest beta has been published. This can be used by both 20-series and 21-series gateway owners.

NOTE: Upgrading to this version of the firmware will reset your device system settings, Including Device ID #'s, and perform a “Reset Totals to Zero”, (this will reset Monthly Totals but not affect History). We recommend disabling password protection and making a backup of your system settings before upgrading. After upgrading, please find your TED5000 on the network (you can use the installation utility to do this, http://www.theenergydetective.com/install-program ) and then Restore your system settings via the “Write to Device” tab of the system settings wizard.  

Gateway R469:  http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/gateway-g-20110922-r469.bin
Footprints R245: http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/Footprints-20110803-R245.bin

Changes since R466/R245
----
 - Fixed bug where DHCP leases were not being accepted
 - Updated weather code to pull from new weather.gov link

Changes since R465/R245
---
 - Fixed bug where the HTTP port was stuck on 80 even though it was changed in the Settings Wizard.

Changes since R454/R245
---
- Tweaked RTA code to make connection a bit more stable w/ latest firmware

Changes since R452/R240
---
-  Google PowerMeter support has been removed
-  Stats page is now linked from the help menu

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:45:06 PM by TedDev » Logged
altenbach

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »

After upgrading, I wanted to restore the configuration but it asks for the password. For some reason my password no longer works?

Ideas?
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:44:53 PM »

After upgrading, I wanted to restore the configuration but it asks for the password. For some reason my password no longer works?

Ideas?

The upgrade itself would have cleared out any password you have (and disabled password protection to begin with). You may need to reset to factory defaults to clear that out (note: the side reset button no longer clears history, just your system and utility settings).
altenbach

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:02:37 PM »

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am currently traveling and don't have access to the unit.

I guess I should have saved the configuration file without password before upgrading. Is there a default password perhaps?

(I wonder if there was no password after upgrading, but restoring the file caused the password prompts, maybe one for each configuration line (?). I actually got many PW prompts is rapid succession, I canceled many password dialogs before being able to get back to the home screen.)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:06:06 PM by altenbach » Logged
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 11:31:28 PM »

The default username/password is admin/admin.
altenbach

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 12:01:54 AM »

Thanks, that worked! I can now administer again.

Still, all probes read zero now since the upgrade. It seems no data is acquired.

(IDs etc. look right after restoring the configuration files and the settings have been applied and rebooted).

Is there anything else that needs to be done?
DougHo

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »

To get non-zero readings, I needed to "Restart TED5000" after restoring the system/utility settings that were cleared by the firmware update (I see you say "rebooted" but I thought it worth mentioning for others).  In the past I would sometimes get a message about settings change needing a restart; I got no such message this time but when I saw no readings I decided to restart manually.  After the restart, readings came through normally.  20-series hardware updating from non-Beta firmware (gateway update, then wait a minute, then footprints update), if that matters.  P.S.  Good time to update may be few minutes after midnight, otherwise the Day History can end up low.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:05:22 PM by DougHo » Logged
altenbach

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 05:51:40 PM »

I restarted several times, but my solar still reads zero 100% of the time. The net reading seems correct.

Once I have access to the device, I will try a reset.
stanar

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 12:40:32 AM »

Since the R452/R240 thread is closed, I am posting it here.

At last I found what the issue is with the R452/R240 firmware.

When using DHCP address, it expires within 60 secs even though the router has  24 hour lease. Though I assign the static IP per MAC on the router, the gateway keeps requesting new ip every minute which is causing connectivity issues.

This makes it mandatory to configure static IP on the gateway itself vs statically assigning the IP on the router.

I did not have this issue with the earlier versions. Due to this issue, I lost more than 6 months of data and had to get a replacement gateway.

Not sure if this was an intentional change. But I would keep Static IP on the gateway optional and to use dhcp address with the lease offered by the router.

Can someone comment?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:46:25 AM by stanar » Logged
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 01:10:30 AM »

There has not been a change to the DHCP code or settings since the initial release of this device so the recent firmware wouldn't have caused a change.  I will check with support to see why a the gateway as replaced (even if it were a firmware issue the firmware could be downgraded). My guess is that the device itself was resetting every 60 seconds or so which would be indicative of a hardware issue. In this case, it would request a new DHCP every 60 seconds as it does it automatically upon reset/power-up.  

We still use DHCP as a default and a static IP is not required (although we do recommend it).
stanar

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 01:38:29 AM »

There has not been a change to the DHCP code or settings since the initial release of this device so the recent firmware wouldn't have caused a change.  I will check with support to see why a the gateway as replaced (even if it were a firmware issue the firmware could be downgraded). My guess is that the device itself was resetting every 60 seconds or so which would be indicative of a hardware issue. In this case, it would request a new DHCP every 60 seconds as it does it automatically upon reset/power-up. 

We still use DHCP as a default and a static IP is not required (although we do recommend it).

The old gateway (already returned and received by TED) was completely inaccessible. Could not hard reset, couldn’t access FP, nothing whatsoever. I found it defaulted to factory set ip 192.168.7.2 which I could ping but  not browse. (I provided the screenshots to support).

Anyway, in the above post I was  referring to the brand new gateway which came with the old firmware (think it was R406). Before I loaded the R452/R240 firmware, it was working as expected with the dhcp settings.  After I loaded the R452/R240 firmware, I found that  I couldn’t access the gateway via browser.

When I  checked the router's dhcp clients list, I found that this one keeps requesting a new IP every 60 secs when all the other devices have 24 hrs lease time. Nothing has been changed on the router between using the old and new firmware on the gateway.

I don’t think the device was resetting every 60 secs, because I did check this graph for an hour there were no indications of resetting every minute other the two while configuring.

Once I configured  the static IP on the gateway itself, everything is  back to normal.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:45:18 AM by stanar » Logged
solar_dave

MAC MAC

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 07:48:18 PM »

TEDdev I looked at the down load page for this upgrade  (http://www.theenergydetective.com/ted-5000/firmware-upgrade) and it says not to use R454/R245 but to use R406/R223 on a 20XXXX gateway.  Will this one work or not?

My TED 5000 system
Sticking it to the power company one watt at a time!
60 Ningbo Electric 175 watt panels and 12 Canadian Solar 180 watt panels with 2 PVP 5200 Inverters
anthonyris

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 09:14:58 PM »

Strike that. The web page refers to .452 firmware, while this thread is the .454 variant - which should work across the 20XXXX and 21XXXX devices. Got it.

Separately, the notes say that the DeviceIDs, etc will get wiped. Sounds like this should NOT be done remotely, correct?

Ditto. Web page says don't use this on 20XXXX gateway, but the Forum says to use it.

Clarity, pls.

.//A.

TEDdev I looked at the down load page for this upgrade  (http://www.theenergydetective.com/ted-5000/firmware-upgrade) and it says not to use R454/R245 but to use R406/R223 on a 20XXXX gateway.  Will this one work or not?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:44:19 PM by anthonyris » Logged
altenbach

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 08:00:02 PM »

OK, I physically reset the unit and hopefully things will clear up... I also cleared the browser cache.

Some problems I noticed with R454/R245:

The "second live view" works correctly only for about 10-15 seconds after selecting a new range. After that time, it reverts to a unusual display, showing only about 5 seconds (5 points) and the time axis is about two hours in the future. (currently it is 8:54 and it jumps to 10:58 after 10-15 seconds)

The "minute live view" does not display any data at all. Ever!
bobtheskutter

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 09:44:50 PM »

The latest beta has been published. This can be used by both 20-series and 21-series gateway owners.

Gateway R454:  http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/gateway-g-20110727-r454.bin
Footprints R245: http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/Footprints-20110803-R245.bin

I recently upgraded my firmware and now my 20 series gateway is reporting a 210001 product ID in footprints and I cannot change it to what it really is ( 20 08 3E )

See my Footprints here:

http://67.169.140.160:8733/Footprints.html
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:51:29 PM by bobtheskutter » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: