Author Topic: Suddenly generation and consumption numbers are equal.  (Read 1767 times)

tedkrys

Suddenly generation and consumption numbers are equal.
« on: November 12, 2018, 09:28:35 PM »
After years of mostly trouble-free service, my TED 5000's consumption number has suddenly started exactly mirroring generation (Solar) number. ie at noon I see 8kW generation and consumption, and now at 9pm I see 0kW generation & consumption. Footprints shows the exact same number, always the generation number, for both MTUs.

The Solar generation number is correct - any idea why or how my consumption suddenly stopped reporting correctly?

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: Suddenly generation and consumption numbers are equal.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:18:19 AM »
My crystal ball is cloudy!  :) However, it sounds as if you need to raise a ticket on the main support site http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

tedkrys

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 10:24:24 AM »
Quick update - support was great and got me working again right away.

I turned our air conditioning breaker off last week as we're in Buffalo NY and it turns out my electrician tied into that breaker to power the TED.  In my defense, I am Polish.

Flipped breaker back on and I'm in business.  Thanks TED!!

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »
FWIW, I wouldn't recommend powering the TED MTU box(es) (which is presumably what you are talking about) from a breaker which is also powering something that has powerful motors, like an HVAC system. I would judge the risk of interfering with power line communications to be quite high under those circumstances. It apparently was working for you, but your luck might not continue. Ideally, I would (and do) put the MTU(s) on their own breaker; otherwise I would recommend putting them on a little-used/low draw circuit, if you have one, and/or the one that powers your Gateway.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits