Author Topic: Debugging  (Read 3853 times)

Peter

Debugging
« on: July 27, 2011, 11:18:58 PM »
I have successfully activated the Energy Posting feature, but the gateway is not posting data.  The Result code on the stats page indicates a redirect problem, which does not occur when using a browser.  Is there an error log or debug switch available?  Also, why does the Server on the stats page show a hex number instead of the url that was supplied in the activation xml?  Thanks.

TedDev

• TED Software Developent
  • Administrator
Re: Debugging
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:32:32 AM »
Redirects are not supported by the TED 3rd party posting. Please use a direct link if possible.

Peter

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:19:10 AM »
I'm not using redirects, but ted thinks that I am. 

What about error logs, debug modes and the question about the hex number?

Thanks.

TedDev

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 07:17:04 AM »
Not sure about the hex code. All that field does is echo the server name sent back by the XML activation so you may want to make sure that is parsing correctly. If you want to PM the your activation URL I'd be happy to look at the XML that is returned by it to see if I see anything that could be causing the error.  If its trying to access the server via the hex code below, that could be causing the 302 error (who knows what site its resolving to).

Peter

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 10:56:17 PM »
 I figured out the problem.  It seems that the <AuthToken> cannot be a GUID.  I'm not sure what the character limit on AuthToken is, but it's less than 32.

TedDev

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »
Max length on the security code is 20 characters. I've updated the docs to note that.