Author Topic: Web Page not loading ?  (Read 1247 times)

drakecoldwinter

Web Page not loading ?
« on: May 18, 2018, 07:48:41 PM »
Suddently the web page doesn't load. The light on front is orange (sometimes green) but the page never shows.

Why does this happen ? I have the TED since 2015 and it has worked very good for those years

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: Web Page not loading ?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 09:54:21 AM »
Has anything else in your networking setup changed (router, cable modem, new peripheral device,....)? Try accessing your router's control panel and viewing 'connected devices' (there are various names for and ways of doing this on different routers). You should be able to identify your ECC by the last 6 hex digits of its MAC address, and read off its IP address. Try browsing to that numeric address.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

drakecoldwinter

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 07:37:20 AM »
Hello, I'm a computer programer, in my house I have a gas, 3 raspberry pi's, several computers, TED, VoiP, switch, several routers, also some smart house stuff, like wink and rachio. Everything is properly configured and it's not a trouble of bad ip.

Everything in my network has fixed numbers, except the computers, but I configured the DHCP to give ip's in a range outside of the fixed ip's, so I should not have an ip conflict.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 07:41:47 AM by drakecoldwinter »

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 09:28:35 AM »
If you have already verified the IP address didn't change by running the installation utility found on our site or by running another network scanner that you prefer to search for the IP address then try directly connecting the ECC to your computer, this will eliminate the network from the equation. If you are able to access it directly then it will verify it is a network issue. If you cannot access it directly then you will need to do a factory reset to defaults on the ECC to restore functionality.

TED5000(Same for TED Pro Home) Installation Utility locate, download, and run to find IP address:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCdsGT891dI

Alternate method link to using FING to find IP address: http://youtu.be/vbZT9jzQH_s

Direct Connect Video Link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P93xdcGEi_4&feature=youtu.be

Factory Default Reset Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B13h7_zU4QY&feature=em-upload_owner

drakecoldwinter

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 12:23:57 PM »
So I did a factory reset. After the reset I used your network detection utility. It located the TED on 192.168.7.4, I have a DHCP on my network (192.168.0.x) so I wan't expecting that adress. In any case I changed my computer address to get a compatible one 192.168.7.x and tried to load the TED web page without success.

Please advise.
Thank you

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
192.168.7.4 is the default IP address if you have the ECC plugged directly into your computer in which case you would need to change the adapter settings as shown in the previously linked video in order for your computer to recognize the connection. If you have it plugged into your router then that is going to be an invalid ip address and will need to try using Fing to find the ip address or your preferred method. First you need to make sure you can connect to it directly if you are having issue through your router. If you can connect to it directly than the TED hardware is working as it should and it is an issue with something local to your network which would be to many variables for me to try an account for without being on site so it would be hard to troubleshoot in a public forum so you would need to submit a support ticket to get help with specifics.

For troubleshooting or if you run into any questions please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.

breaker man

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 09:54:34 PM »
I recently had a problem with my web page not loading as a result of loss of power from power company.   My system has been running for about two years and had not had this problem before.   What happen recently was the power went off for several minutes however it done this about three times in a row which had not happen since I installed the system.   I am assuming because it when off several times in a row is why my web page would not load.   I used Fing to find the new web address however I still could not access the system.   Finally I had to do a factory reset to defaults on the ECC.   After doing this I was able to access the web page however I lost all my information from the current month.   I am concerned this might happen again so I was thinking of using a backup power supply for the ECC.   Any suggestions on what type of back up power supply should be used with ECC that comes with TED Home Pro

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »
Unfortunately repeated power outages or brown outs have been observed to cause strange issues like this and normally (if not dealing with PLC) a UPS(Uninterruptible power supply or battery backup) would be the best way to adjust for this but with PLC communication the UPS typically creates so much noise interference that it will block the communication from the MTU to the ECC preventing you from getting your energy readings at all so we don't recommend using any UPS for that reason.

However if you are using TED Commander with your ECC then you can set up alerts to notify you if it stops recording energy data through the Advisor feature.