Author Topic: Not able to access TED 5000 Footprints on my computer anymore.  (Read 25640 times)

zeeeter

Re: Not able to access TED 5000 Footprints on my computer anymore.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 07:41:14 PM »
Thanks, have applied the 452 and the new footprints. Will keep an eye on it! Thanks for the reply.

tlveik

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 04:10:36 PM »
Add me to the list.  Footprints won't load anymore.  Just updated to the latest version of Footprints and Gateway.  That fixed the problem but only for about 10 minutes.  Can't get to Footprints again.  How do I get to the beta?  How do I tell if I have a "20-series" unit?

Tom

rotus8

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 06:00:57 PM »
Add me to the list.  Footprints won't load anymore.  Just updated to the latest version of Footprints and Gateway.  That fixed the problem but only for about 10 minutes.  Can't get to Footprints again.  How do I get to the beta?  How do I tell if I have a "20-series" unit?

Tom
http://www.theenergydetectiveforums.com/index.php/topic,296.0.html

TEDSupport6

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 12:49:30 AM »
How do I tell if I have a "20-series" unit?

Check your gateway's serial number. If it begins with 20, then it's 20-series; if it begins with 21, then it's 21-series. If you have a 20-series gateway, then you can email support for a beta version that will work for your system.

pzaremba

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 07:19:36 AM »
Well I have the latest gateway and Footprints firmware, but I came home to an unresponsive gateway tonight.  Trying the "unplug for 10 minutes" trick right now.

A bit concerning...

RavenManiac

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know that the latest firmware updates (Gateway R452 and Footprints R240) restored my Series 21 TED 5000 to an operational status. Many thanks to TED programmers for fixing this issue. :)

mrlegoman

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 08:56:56 PM »
I'm experiencing this issue now too.  The Gateway is plugged directly into my laptop via ethernet cable. Everything worked fine about 4 months ago when the unit was installed. The other day I saw that the remote display just showed zero's. So I plugged the laptop back in and while the Installation Utility shows the device and IP (192.168.7.2), the Footprints software will not load.
I unplugged the gateway for 15 minutes and plugged it back in.
I've installed the latest installer_R3.

We are in a dispute with our electric company, so I cannot afford to loose the Gateway history. So I'm kinda freaking out right now.
The MTU's show green blinking lights. The gateway shows a solid green light. The fact that the display shows zero's concerns me. I would like to see if I'm missing something simple before opening a ticket.

RussellH

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »
In my little experience with the TED, I've found that footprints will not respond if it can't "hear" the MTU.  The fact the gateway lights are solid also suggests that either the gateway has crashed (you need to unplug it for a few seconds), or it can't hear the gateway.

The gateway lights seem normal.  Have you plugged in anything new that might be putting noise on the line?

mrlegoman

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »
In my little experience with the TED, I've found that footprints will not respond if it can't "hear" the MTU.  The fact the gateway lights are solid also suggests that either the gateway has crashed (you need to unplug it for a few seconds), or it can't hear the gateway.

The gateway lights seem normal.  Have you plugged in anything new that might be putting noise on the line?
I had unplugged the gateway for about 15 minutes and there was no change.  The gateway is plugged into a outlet which has a dedicated breaker. No other plugs or outlets are on that line. I've unplugged and reset the remote display.  The only thing I have not tried is a hard restart on the gateway itself.  My understanding is that all the history will be lost if I do this. Which kinda makes the whole purpose of installing the thing pointless. :sigh:

idntwn2

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 12:35:55 AM »
OK - Pulling out my few remaining hairs.  Have opened a ticket, reset, updated gateway Firmware.  NOTHING is solving my issue.  I could have written the entire thread.

PLEASE TECH SUPPORT. 

At this point, my TED sucks and I cannot recommend.  PLEASE HELP

Support9

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 05:26:59 PM »
What was your previous ticket number? Please email us directly at support@theenergydetective.com

idntwn2

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 04:42:12 AM »
Well, my Gateway was bad.  Getting a prompt and responsive help was a bit frustrating.  It seems to be working now after some rebooting of MTU's and getting a static IP going.

This is a great instrument when it works.  Hopefully it will continue to do so. 

idntwn2

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »
So Far so good.  Ted has never worked like it does now.  Very consistent data, no crashes. (A REGULAR occurence with the old gateway.)

Yahoo.