Author Topic: Limit on Number of Spyders?  (Read 2833 times)

michaeljkimball

Limit on Number of Spyders?
« on: January 28, 2017, 07:58:16 PM »
I have a fairly complex setup. One main panel and two sub panels (one in the basement and one in the kitchen).

Yesterday everything worked fine. 1 MTU & 1 Spyder in the Main Panel; 1 MTU & 1 Spyder in the Basement Panel and 1 MTU & 2 Spyders in the Kitchen Panel.

Today I added a second Spyder to the Main Panel.

The system settings in the TED Pro don't seem to allow me to add this Spyder, as the checkbox next to "Spyder 2" for the Main Panel MTU will not "check". If I "uncheck" the box for the second Spyder in the Kitchen Panel, I can then "check" the second Spyder for the Main Panel.

Does this mean the system only allows for one MTU to have a second Spyder? If so, can I add a second MTU inside the Main Panel and use the additional Spyder with it?

Thx. Mike

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Limit on Number of Spyders?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »
Hey Mike,

The system can only support 4 total Spyders but you could have 2 MTU's with 2 Spyders connected to each them.

Have a wonderful day!

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com

michaeljkimball

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 10:07:46 AM »
This is seemingly contradictory or at least confusing. So, would adding an additional MTU allow me to add the 5th Spyder or not?

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:42:46 PM »
No, the system can only support a maximum of 4 total Spyders.

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com

Brock Johnston

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 02:10:19 PM »
Any chance of increasing the total number of Sypders allowed at some point in the future?  Why are only 4 supported?

Thanks,
Brock

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 08:38:31 AM »
The system is limited to 4 Spyders due to limited hardware resources so it would have to be done in a new model system but currently there are no plans to address it because we do have an option available that can give you the possibility of an unlimited number of Spyders if you go for the MTU Pro and Commander where you can link 2 Spyders to each MTU Pro and link it to Commander with no limits on how many MTU's you can add.