The Energy Detective Forums
May 23, 2018, 06:04:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: going solar
toptek

« on: February 16, 2018, 01:30:07 PM »

Going solar I was approved today for solar and was told it may take up to four month to be turned on an in about two to three weeks it will be installed

I have the Ted pro home do i need to buy a completely new package or just a few things for solar ? .
I would like to keep using the TED if i can with solar, i love it .

Harry
pfletch101

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 08:33:03 PM »

You should be able to add anything you need - probably just another main MTU/CT set for the solar feeds - but how easy installation will be depends on how your new PV system connects to your breaker panels and/or to the mains. If to your main panel, with a single bidirectional meter and Net Metering, you should have no trouble at all; if directly to the utility mains via a separate second meter ("Feed-in Tariff"), how straightforward it will be to hook things up depends on the details of the physical layout.

Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits
toptek

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 05:37:26 AM »

cool thanks i was told Net Metering ...
toptek

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:02:53 PM »

OK my solar was installed and up runing it's great Ted Pro Home is spot on  when it comes to  what I'm using with solar or it goes - while solar is in use.  at least till i can buy another CT and MTU kit I'll go by that till then.

My new Question is there a Guide some place i can follow that lets me set up pricing BY Baltimore Gas and Electric billing , so far ted matches right up with Baltimore Gas and Electric as far as Power usages goes with Kwh it show what Baltimore Gas and Electric shows for usage but not price so i know i have that set up wrong and have a hard time figuring what goes were for pricing . i even added it all up with Fees it comes to about 12 cents per Kwh, So I listed the flat fee of 12 cents and left the rest alone all but the 7.90 fixed charge....each month . my power is flat fee without fees 7.59 cents pkwh.I hope I explained it right .

ah yea Ted seems to be off by 2 bucks BG AND E Has 2 bucks more ... but as i said above the USAGES match with BG and E.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:13:50 PM by toptek » Logged
DavidT

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 05:38:12 PM »

You should be able to plug in your various rates and fees into the TED program. The problem I have is with my bi-directional meter, Georgia Power buys from me at a different rate than what they sell to me for, and as far as I can determine, this needs to be addressed in the TED software... or am I missing something ?
pfletch101

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 10:42:09 PM »

You should be able to plug in your various rates and fees into the TED program. The problem I have is with my bi-directional meter, Georgia Power buys from me at a different rate than what they sell to me for, and as far as I can determine, this needs to be addressed in the TED software... or am I missing something ?

Unfortunately, you are correct that Footprints has a lot of options for time-based rates and standing charges but only supports a single $/kWh rate at any given time. I believe that the web-based Commander App may offer even more options, but I have never used it.

Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits
toptek

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 07:10:33 AM »

cool thanks I checked out the Commander app it actually shows a more actuate amount price wise it's maybe off  by 4 cents ... the power usage is right . I've already been credited on my bill with BG and E for 3 hours on Thursday.. by there smart meter app on BG and G site .. Friday was the first full solar day that ended in a negative amount by the Pro app and the Commander app , it takes my Power company two days to show .. so I'll know tomorrow or Monday what Friday was,I'm gonna love having solar.

I also mine Cryptocurrencie so Friday also gave me negative amount used from the power company with half the farm on . I need to buy the other CT/MTU unit, I'm gonna need it .

Thanks for any help any one gave me . Smiley ....

PS: now the Pro live app shows the price off by 4 or so cents sense i played around with the Commander app.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:20:15 AM by toptek » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: