Poll

Does it exist?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Total cumulative energy meter  (Read 1515 times)

tryphon

Total cumulative energy meter
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:46:02 AM »
Hello,

I have the TED Pro Home device. With my browser I can display some xml pages to see many data.

I search for a field that indicates the total cumulative energy since the TED birth (i. e. not from the beginning of the current billing cycle).

Does it exist and where to find it?

Thank you

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Total cumulative energy meter
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:18:48 AM »
Hi,

You can export monthly data for up to the last 10 years by going to Footprints > Export > Export Monthly Data. The storage information can be found in the manual located at
http://www.theenergydetective.com/media/wysiwyg/TED%20Pro%20User%20Manual%20rev3.9%20small.pdf

TED Pro stores data internally in its ECC.  This data can be retrieved at any time and graphed displayed in graphic
form.  The data available for viewing is:

SECONDS
 - one hour of second-data in increments from Live (real-time) recording, 30-seconds, or 1, 2, 5, 15,
30 and 60 minutes.

MINUTES
 -  48 hours of minute-data may be displayed in increments from 30 minutes; 1, 2, 4, 12, 24, 36, to 48
hours.

HOUR
       - 90 days of hourly data are stored.  Historical Hourly Data is viewable for any selected date-range
in increments of 7-day periods.  Specific Hourly Data can be viewed in kWh,
Voltage, or Dollars.

DAY           
- 2 years of Daily data are stored.    Daily Data is viewable for any selected range for the prior 2
years in 90-day periods.  Data viewable is: kWh, Dollars, Minimum/Maximum Voltage, Minimum/
Maximum Cost, Minimum/Maximum Power (kW).

MONTH
     - 10 years of Monthly data are stored.  Data viewable is: kWh, Dollars, Minimum/Maximum Voltage,
Minimum/Maximum Cost, Minimum/Maximum Power (kW).

tryphon

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »
Thank you for the answer.

I saw this function for exporting data. I did not explain why I search for an absolute energy counting from a fixed beginning.

I finished to write a python program under a server to compare in real time (day after day) the TED meter and the meter of my electricity provider. It was not convenient to use the exported file to build to cumulative energy recorded since I bought the TED.

It was easier to collect the MTD field from my local network at http://192.168.1.nnn/api/DashData.xml?T=0&D=0&M=1 and increment a variable TotalCount in my code in order to cumulate the total energy.

This python program is now recording in a database the difference between both meters since two days. I expect a stable difference each day and if it is not the case I will ask here some help to understand what seems odd (may be I will publish my code in the developer section).

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 10:23:45 AM »
Oh ok. If you have setup your own server than we have ECC polling and Third party posting API's available to help with the integration. If you haven't got them already than you can request them through our ticket system via the link below.

I believe the only way to set the time start is with:

File: /history/export.xml
Description: Exports history in xml format.
Parameters:
T: History Type (1=Second, 2=Minute, 3=Day, 4=Hour, 5=Month)
D:  Device Type. 0=MTU 1=Spyder
M: The 1-based index of the MTU or Spyder being displayed.   
C: Count (optional): Number of records to return (starting with the most recent)
I: Index (optional): Number of records to offset (starting from the most recent)
S: start time (optional): Allows you to specify a date range of which to return records. Time is specified in epoch time format.
E: end time (optional): Allows you to specify a date range of which to return records. Time is specified in epoch time format.

Example (Returns the second history information for MTU #1):   http://192.168.1.7/history/export.xml?D=0&M=1&T=1

You may be able to find more details in the API to narrow down exactly what you need.

For troubleshooting or if you run into any questions please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.