Author Topic: Rate Selection Oddity  (Read 467 times)

nehumanuscrede

Rate Selection Oddity
« on: February 03, 2018, 11:32:39 PM »
I've been trying to update the Utility Settings to reflect the tiered system my current provider uses and can't seem to get the unit to accept / use the change.  

Go through the usual process of Settings -> Utility Settings, then walk through the tabs choosing Tiered as the plan type.  The provider has three tiers and I fill them all out then fill out all the rates and other relevant information.  Last, I write all of it via the Write to ECC -> Update button and the device goes through the motions and it appears the update was successful.  

However, on the Live Dashboard it still indicates the Plan Type as Flat.  Have rebooted it, but not yet tried Resetting to Factory defaults.

Is this a bug ?  

The firmware the unit is running shows to be:
( via Help -> About )

ECC Version:  1.0.696
Footprints Version: 1.0.700

**Update**

It seems that TED doesn't play nice with Chrome.  No matter how many times I modify the settings and update the ECC, nothing happens.
Switch over to FireFox, however, and the changes go in on the first try :|

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:14:46 PM by nehumanuscrede »

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Rate Selection Oddity
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 09:24:10 AM »
Right, with your firmware version, chrome doesn't like the Utility update functionality. You can use a different browser if you would like but we did release a new firmware version that resolves the issue and you can get the new firmware by submitting a support ticket via the link below.

For troubleshooting or if you run into any questions please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.

nehumanuscrede

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:29:08 PM »
No worries. 

I have both FireFox and Chrome loaded anyway since other software packages I utilize tend to have the same issues in liking one over the other. 

As tempting as it is to update the firmware, if I've learned nothing else over the years it's this:

Don't update it unless it's absolutely, positively necessary. 

I've wreaked more havoc than I care to remember by doing firmware updates.  Nothing like performing one only to watch the device keel over requiring some serious voodoo to get it running again.   

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 09:12:28 AM »
As tempting as it is to update the firmware, if I've learned nothing else over the years it's this:

Don't update it unless it's absolutely, positively necessary. 

I've wreaked more havoc than I care to remember by doing firmware updates.  Nothing like performing one only to watch the device keel over requiring some serious voodoo to get it running again.   

While I agree with you in general, my experience of TED firmware updates is that they "do what it says on the box", without causing negative side-effects. Their pre-release testing seems to be pretty solid.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits