Author Topic: Phase Type on stats page  (Read 730 times)

34by151

Phase Type on stats page
« on: October 28, 2017, 07:56:20 PM »
Does anyone have a listing of the values in the "Phase Type" fields for each MTU

I currently have 193 on my first MTU which is connected to 2 phase 240v. MTU2 has 194 which is my single phase solar generation.

Im in the process of upgrading to 3 phase supply and 2 phase solar generation.
A listing of phase values would be helpful in checking the system when I reconnect it

Thanks
34by151

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Phase Type on stats page
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
Hi 34by151,

What type of MTU's are you using? (MTU Pro or MTU Lite) If you have a MTU Home then it is not designed to measure 3 phase. I ask because the "194" phase type you mentioned for MTU2 isn't a listed phase type and one I haven't seen before. This is most likely due to the CT connections being plugged/unplugged while the MTU is powered up as the MTU needs to sense the CT connections on power up for them to register correctly. Adjusting them without powering down the MTU can cause strange issues like that so the first thing I would try to do is power off the MTU and then power it back up and see if the phase type corrects itself. I would also need to know the type of MTU you have to provide the phase codes.

For troubleshooting or if you run into any questions please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.

Have a wonderful day!

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com

34by151

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:47:08 PM »
I have the Pro Home for both MTU's

The ID's are 160CF6 and 160D01

160CF6 (net) shows as phase type 193
160D01 (gen) shows as phase type 194

They have always been this way and I have never had any issue with the readings
What I was after was just a listing of the values for phase type.

I would expect that the 193 would change when I add the 3rd ct to the mtu and activate the 3rd phase
I would also expect that the 194 would change after I add a second CT to that mtu

A listing of the phase type values would let me know the values to expect prior to making the change

Cheers
34by151

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 09:45:38 AM »
Pro Home MTU and Pro Lite MTU Phase Codes:

Configuration                      CT locations              MTUHOME Phase code                                  MTUProLite Phase code
240/120 typical residential     AB                             131                                                            195
208/120 apartment               A_C                           133                                                             197
single phase (Europe)            A                               129                                                            193
3 phase wye                         ABC                         Will show 133, but phase B will not work.         199

(CT port A is closest to power cable plug in and are in sequence A,B,C.)