The Energy Detective Forums
February 21, 2018, 07:46:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux install fails on Ubuntu 17.04 64bit.
peager

« on: October 28, 2017, 06:46:21 PM »

Can anyone help with this?

Thanking all in advance... Paul

paul@Thinker:~/Downloads/TED5000-linux-installer$ sh linux-installer.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/paul/Downloads/TED5000-linux-installer/jre/linuxx32/jre16/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so: libXtst.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
   at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
   at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at sun.awt.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraries(Unknown Source)
   at sun.awt.DebugHelper.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: com.ted5000.gui.TED5000Installer.  Program will exit.
Support7
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:03:44 AM »

Hi peager,

I'm not exactly sure why the installer isn't working for you but the "(Unknown Source)" would lead me to believe that it may be a security feature similar to Mac OS where it doesn't allow applications to be installed that aren't from the App store/Official source repository. It's been awhile since I've used Ubuntu so I'm not sure if they have added the feature or not but if so then it should be in your System Settings > Security or Privacy Settings > Check box for allow programs from unofficial sources. A google search should give you more info or an exact walkthrough. If that's not it then the only reason you need to use the installation utility is to find the IP address that your router assigns the TED system so you can use any network scanner to accomplish the same thing or you can log into your routers admin page to find the IP's of connected devices. If you have a smartphone that's connected to your wifi then there is a free app available in the App/Play store called Fing that's an easy to use network scanner that works pretty well. Advanced IP scanner is a free network scanner that is available for linux also so you could try that as well.

Video link to using FING to find IP address: http://youtu.be/vbZT9jzQH_s

For troubleshooting or if you run into any questions please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.

Have a wonderful day!

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com

Artiwuth

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 05:12:54 AM »

I also have problems with this version as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: