Author Topic: Saving dashboard and graph settings  (Read 1684 times)

schroeder

Saving dashboard and graph settings
« on: August 24, 2017, 05:01:37 PM »
Every time I connect to Footprints from outside my home (different IP) my dashboard and graph settings reset to default.  Is there a way to make settings permanent?  Any suggestions greatly appreciated

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: Saving dashboard and graph settings
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 07:22:29 PM »
These settings are saved (as cookies, I believe) in the cache of the browser you are using, so the first time you access the site from a new browser (even on your home system), the settings will be reset to their original defaults. On subsequent uses of the same browser, they should stay set as they were when you last accessed the site from that browser. However, there are quite a lot of things that can happen with a browser on a system that you don't control to screw that up, so I would not be surprised by your not seeing them preserved on subsequent uses of the same system. There is, unfortunately, no way of changing the hard coded 'default defaults'.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

schroeder

Re: Saving dashboard and graph settings
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »
These settings are saved (as cookies, I believe) in the cache of the browser you are using, so the first time you access the site from a new browser (even on your home system), the settings will be reset to their original defaults. On subsequent uses of the same browser, they should stay set as they were when you last accessed the site from that browser. However, there are quite a lot of things that can happen with a browser on a system that you don't control to screw that up, so I would not be surprised by your not seeing them preserved on subsequent uses of the same system. There is, unfortunately, no way of changing the hard coded 'default defaults'.

i understand now. thank you for the explanation.