Author Topic: Google Shutting Down PowerMeter on Sept 16, 2011  (Read 37921 times)

jack10562

Re: Google Shutting Down PowerMeter on Sept 16, 2011
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 11:07:44 PM »
Hi all,

I tried a few of the alternatives to powermeter a month or two ago but none of them were able to handle solar panels.  Does anyone know if any of these third party programs will handle multiple MTUs?  Should be pretty trivial I would think.

Cheers

MyEragy.com allows setup of multiple MTU's and configuration for solar. I've been using it for a while now, and like it.

You set up MTU-1 as Grid and the second MTU as Generating circuit.

Chad

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 04:43:00 AM »
I have signed up for one of the alternatives, and it was fast and easy through TED's "Energy Posting" interface.

I am wondering, however, if TED would (or could) allow posting to more than one third-party host? Right now, you have to de-activate, then re-activate one at a time. These providers are new and who knows how long they may stick around (after all, Google couldn't even make a case). Plus it would be nice to evaluate a couple of services at a time and hedge your bets against one or more of the services pulling a "Google".

Is this something that could be considered in a future firmware release or are there technical limitations in the device?

Mike

I have developed an energy posting "broadcaster" of sorts for my own use. My TED 5000 posts to my server, which then re-broadcasts to multiple energy monitors (MyEragy, Bidgely, PeoplePower, PlottWatt).  This way I can continuously monitor the progress of each service and use the one that best suits my needs at any given time.

It is developed in Java, and I would be happy to share it with whomever is interested in running a similar service for themselves.  I do realize that many TED users don't have or want a machine of their own on 24x7 to accomplish this, so I will be offering it to TED to see if they might be insterested in hosting it.  Feel free to try it out on my hosted server if you're interested.  It can be accessed at http://ace.broadmind.com/ted.

PV-Skip

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
tried to sign it several times, but the system does not recognize the "words".
You have two words assigned, is there a space in between?

Swede2

• Swede's Dock
Re: Google PowerMeter shutting down for good on Sept 16, 2011
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 08:21:22 PM »
 Additionally, we have released a Developer API for TED AggreData (listed on the bottom of www.theenergydetective.com/google ) which will result in more developers creating applications for our distributors.

Hi,

The link doesn't work anymore. Where can I download the API? I would like to write my own software.

Thanks,

Swede
http://www.SwedesDock.com/LDN

===============================================
              "Peace is not won
by those who fiercely guard their differences,
 but by those who with open minds and hearts
            seek out connections."
              Katherine Paterson
===============================================
It's a pretty day
I hope you enjoy it.
Swede
http://www.SwedesDock.com/LDN [/enter]

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 03:35:56 PM »
Hello Swede2,

Please see: http://www.theenergydetectiveforums.com/index.php/board,3.0.html

The API links are in that directory of the Forum. Thank you for your interest!

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support
www.theenergydetective.com/new-ticket

fanneyjack

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 01:10:53 PM »
Google is an interesting company in this respect: they are certainly willing to try experimental ventures with the Google name brand attached. Some make it and some don't and Google doesn't seem to mind.