Author Topic: Need help logging each phase  (Read 1369 times)

octavius79

Need help logging each phase
« on: May 05, 2017, 01:54:25 PM »
Hello.  I just recently purchased a TedPro 400.  My intentions were to use it to log customers energy usage at there panels.  I was hoping that the logs would log each of the 3 phase currents (or Kw) separately, unfortunate i have found that is does not.  I called TED's support line and they said they couldn't help but suggested that i ask for help on the forum site, they said people write API's all the time to interface with their devices.  I don't know anything about APIs so here i am asking for some help!  Any help would be appreciated!  thanks!

tlveik

Re: Need help logging each phase
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
With a little programming know-how and the API, you can pull a lot of data out of the Ted system.  I just looked at the API and I see that individual phase voltages and currents are available, but I only see one number for power factor.  I'm not entirely sure how that calculation works in a 3 phase system.  I'd have to look into that some more.

I just ordered my Ted Pro Home (former Ted 5000 owner) so I'll be doing some programming for myself soon.  Not 3 phase though.

Tom

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Need help logging each phase
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »
Hi octavius79, unfortunately the API would be the only way to get per phase energy readings and power factor but you would have to use the MTU Pro Polling API as opposed to the ECC polling API that I believe tlveik was referring to. You can get the API's by requesting them through our support ticket system on our website so I will provide a link to do that below in case you haven't already. It may be worth your time to ask in the Developers section of the forum to see if anyone has already developed a similar solution.

If your not interested in per phase power factor and just looking for the energy readings then you could use a Spyder to monitor each phase and the system will record that information without any need for customizing the API. It is worth noting though that the Spyder reports on a minute bases as opposed to the MTU reporting every second.

This is all in reference to actually logging the data, if you just want to view the per phase readings then you can access your MTU Pro's UI page at its IP address and view the stats page for the MTU itself. 

If you run into any questions or anything please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.

Have a wonderful day!

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com