Author Topic: Posting to a 3rd party server  (Read 37089 times)

phuz

Re: Posting to a 3rd party server
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 04:56:52 PM »
I just got this working, and while it's cool, my postings are reporting "Last Value" and not the wattage.  This is great but I don't know how to reverse engineer the Last value into useable data.
Ideas?

ThermoMan

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 12:58:06 AM »
I did a thing where I subtract the previous value from the current value and that gives a delta (usage) per minute.

This is the SQL (for MySQL) that I used in my PHP code

SELECT date, (watts*60)-@last_watt AS delta, @last_watt := watts*60 AS dummy
FROM elec__elec_usage 
WHERE date >= (SELECT DATE(MAX(date)) from elec__elec_usage) - INTERVAL 10 DAY
                /* This WHERE clause finds the usage for May 28, 2013 */
WHERE DATE_FORMAT( date, '%Y-%m-%d' ) = '2013-05-28'
ORDER BY 1

The *60 factor is because the main number is in watt hours and I want watt minutes in my chart.

jimmerto

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 11:16:54 PM »
"The TED5000 has a XML based service that applications can use to poll the device directly."

żDoes TED PRO has a similar service? (besides the 3rd party posting which is very limited for remote monitoring)

For real time monitoring, we have found more powerful polling in TED5000 than posting to 3rd party. We hope to do something similar with TED PRO. żIs there a manual showing the programmable commands for polling directly the TED PRO?

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 06:20:03 PM »
"The TED5000 has a XML based service that applications can use to poll the device directly."

żDoes TED PRO has a similar service? (besides the 3rd party posting which is very limited for remote monitoring)

For real time monitoring, we have found more powerful polling in TED5000 than posting to 3rd party. We hope to do something similar with TED PRO. żIs there a manual showing the programmable commands for polling directly the TED PRO?
I'm using the public API (see this thread) to grab the latest instantaneous watts from the MTU and Spyders, as XML.

Works well, but in the long run I plan to write my own listener to receive data via the "3rd party posting" mechanism instead.
Gateway Version 1.0.499, Daughterboard Version 1.0.0, Footprints Version 1.0.281, MTU Version 1.0.61