Author Topic: Sync/migrate graphing and other settings  (Read 1264 times)

valheru

Sync/migrate graphing and other settings
« on: December 07, 2016, 10:13:08 AM »
Hey all!

I'm looking for a way to either synchronize or at the very least export the settings TED uses in the local browser of the machine used to access the web interface so that after customization of the graphing and other settings we can have a consistent user experience across multiple machines/browsers. Figuring that it was probably a local cookie, I migrated my entire binary cookie store from one machine to another but the settings still don't follow to the new machine and I've been forced to redo all of the graph colors, ranges, limits, etc on every new machine and browser I want to use to access TED.

If nothing else, does anyone know where the local settings are stored on the machine so I can just manually copy them?

Thanks!

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Sync/migrate graphing and other settings
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 01:03:51 PM »
The settings are stored in the local browser storage. When dealing with multiple users this would not be transferable to our knowledge and is not a supported feature. There is a small chance that it may transfer if using the same google or firefox account and enabling syncing but this is untested and still dependent on the system configuration so it would be beyond the scope of support we could offer.

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com