Author Topic: HTTPS Web Interface does not seem to work  (Read 2422 times)

sumocomputers

HTTPS Web Interface does not seem to work
« on: November 07, 2016, 10:54:48 AM »
I can connect to the web server on port 80 just fine with HTTP on the local network by the static IP.

However, trying to connect with HTTP on port 443 (or even a different port), does not work. See Chrome error screenshot.  Other browsers also fail.

MCU v692
ECC v696
Footprints v700

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: HTTPS Web Interface does not seem to work
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:38:33 PM »
Why would you expect it to work? A server needs to be set up differently to use HTTPS. AFAIK the mini-server in the ECC is not set up to do this, nor is there (for most purposes) any good reason why it should be.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

sumocomputers

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »
Why would you expect it to work? A server needs to be set up differently to use HTTPS. AFAIK the mini-server in the ECC is not set up to do this, nor is there (for most purposes) any good reason why it should be.

I guess I would ask why would you expect it not to work?  The option is there (see screenshot), which indicates the HTTPS function is available, otherwise I would think it would be greyed out. If there is additional setup needed, I am not aware of any instructions on how to do this.

To answer your question as to why I want HTTPS, I have a port forwarded through my firewall from the outside, and don't really want my login credentials to be sent unencrypted.

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »
You are quite right, of course. I have never needed to use HTTPS, (I don't allow remote access to my TED), so I have never noticed the setting. I confirm your finding that it doesn't work, however, and I don't think that any documentation I have seen mentions it.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits