Author Topic: Footprints Dashboard KWH  (Read 2375 times)

escyr

Footprints Dashboard KWH
« on: October 22, 2016, 05:38:42 PM »
I'm working though getting my system setup and I noticed that the Average Daily KWH Usage and Projected KWH Usage are both double what they actually are.  How can I correct this?

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Footprints Dashboard KWH
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
The mentioned values are based on the history the device has stored so far so the longer they run then the closer they will get to being correct based on having more information to get the averages from. If the system was run before it was properly setup or still has values in the history from quality control testing then this can effect those values. Once you have the system setup correctly as you would like it then it would be a good idea to go ahead and Erase History and do a Reset Totals to Zero. (Both options can be found under Footprints > Advanced) This will cause the system to start its cycle with only correct data so it can start forming it's averages. They still may be high or low at first but will level out with more data accumulated.

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com

escyr

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 07:02:18 PM »
I did an Erase History and Reset Totals to Zero 2 days ago.  In comparing the Daily KWh history with my utilities daily KWh history for the last 2 day, TED is measuring exactly 2x what my utility is measuring.  Can you think of anything else as to why this is happening?

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 04:37:59 PM »
Do you, by any chance, have the supply wires of the MTU connected between the live wires of the two 'halves' of your supply? The black wire should be connected to a live terminal and the white wire to the 'Return' bus, with the white wires of your other regular circuits. If your MTU has a red wire (some older ones do), it should be capped off and not connected to anything. If black and white are connected to opposite arms of the supply, I believe that everything will work, but watts and watt-hours will be doubled.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

escyr

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 05:56:15 PM »
I thought the same thing today while at work, so that's the first thing I checked when I got home.  Sure enough, the GC installed the MTU power on a 2-pole CB.  I installed a single-pole breaker and wired the way it was supposed to be and readings are now normal.

I did notice that one of my MTU LEDs is solid green (single-phase) and one of the LEDs on my 2nd MTU is solid red (3-ph/2-ph).  Is this normal?

UPDATE
Apparently, this isn't normal.  I just noticed that the voltage reading on my 2nd MTU is 215/124V compared to my 1st MTU 248/124V.  My 2nd MTU thinks it's on a 3-phase 208/120V system.  How can this be corrected?

For reference, my 1st MTU is on my incoming 240/120 and my 2nd MTU is on the feed to my garage subpanel.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:27:28 PM by escyr »

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 09:40:31 AM »
I did notice that one of my MTU LEDs is solid green (single-phase) and one of the LEDs on my 2nd MTU is solid red (3-ph/2-ph).  Is this normal?

UPDATE
Apparently, this isn't normal.  I just noticed that the voltage reading on my 2nd MTU is 215/124V compared to my 1st MTU 248/124V.  My 2nd MTU thinks it's on a 3-phase 208/120V system.  How can this be corrected?

For reference, my 1st MTU is on my incoming 240/120 and my 2nd MTU is on the feed to my garage subpanel.

That sounds like something best handled by raising a ticket on the support pages.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

escyr

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »
Thank you, I will do that.