Author Topic: How to fit everything?  (Read 1535 times)

klimber

How to fit everything?
« on: October 18, 2016, 12:33:11 PM »
I am now at my max configuration and need help from you smart folks on how to best monitor my system.

current config

ted pro home, spyder mix, spyder 20

I Just recently had to add a subpane.

I have about 50 circuits that i'd like to monitor so I think I am well past one ted pro home, correct?

how would you recommend configuring TED so I can measure all circuits in the main and sub panels?  I would like to do it through one TED interface (not two pages) but I am not sure if I can avoid that?

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: How to fit everything?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 08:39:29 AM »
I think that you need to think hard about whether you genuinely need to monitor all your circuits all the time. What are you planning to do with the data? If you really want to evaluate your home's energy usage on a circuit by circuit basis, this can be done serially over a few weeks, which is much more cost-effective than buying the hardware to monitor every circuit 24/7 going forward. In most situations, too, this sort of energy surveying is best done using a Kill-A-Watt or equivalent to look at the energy draw of specific devices or sets of devices (e.g. a home theater setup). Once you have established where your issues are, you are likely to find a relatively small number of circuits that need monitoring over the longer term.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 09:19:35 AM »
You are maxed out at 36 circuits for one TED Pro home system with 4 MTU's and 4 Spyders but if you in fact do need to monitor the 50 circuits as mentioned then you could add a second TED Pro Home system and use Commander as your single display page to get the readings but for setup and if any troubleshooting is needed then you will need access to both Footprints pages.

Have a wonderful day!

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com

klimber

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 03:22:40 PM »
thanks so much for the reply, that's exactly what I wanted to know.  I guess I can't avoid the two pages.  I will probably go ahead and get a second ted pro home.  any recommendations on how I should configure it?  Maybe put the less important circuits on the second one so I can focus my monitoring on just the first device?