Author Topic: New Ted Pro Home System, Live dashboard zeros  (Read 1774 times)

toltingcoltacres

New Ted Pro Home System, Live dashboard zeros
« on: September 11, 2016, 02:18:46 AM »
I have set up a Ted Pro home system with one MTU and 2 Spyders to monitor 16 circuits. I've been through the configuration process and the system seems to be collecting data.

If I go to the live dashboard, all my kW/Cost readings are zero (e.g. Real-time usage, kW used this month, kW used since midnight and average daily kW usage.)

The system overview box shows my MTU blinking green with 'power 0kw, app power .008kw, voltage 119, pf 100%'. The largest active loads box shows a couple of circuits drawing about 1/2 kWh (which makes sense, I have a Dell server up 24/7 on my home network). The present voltage shows 119v.

If I go into Graph and select a few circuits, I do see power consumption. If I go into Spyder, I do see some "current" usage under day and hour if I click on Spyder and select a circuit.

I configured my TED to upload to the commander site. The Commander site, when I go there, shows 0Kwh usage for each day.

So, I'm confused as to what I have set up incorrectly. I understand the MTU only polls once per minute with the Spyders rather than once a second, but does using Spyders mean I do not get real-time usage data? Any ideas on why all my live dashboard kWh values are zero across the board?

toltingcoltacres

Re: New Ted Pro Home System, Live dashboard zeros
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:55:26 AM »
I think i discovered my error.

I did not have the 200 amp CTs connected to my mains and MTU.

I had read somewhere that you either use CTs, or a Spyder, connected to an MTU. Thus, I did not connect the CTs for the mains to the MTU. Instead, I simply connected my my circuits to the Spyders and the Spyders to the MTU, thinking the system would add up the Spyder usage as my "real time" usage.

If I connect my main CTs to the MTU, I get real-time data.

Can someone confirm, though, that the two Spyders I have connected to the MTU will continue to collect data in addition to the "real time" data collected by the 2 main-connected CTs?

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »
The real time dial on the live dashboard is a component of the MTU's since they show readings down to the second so you would need the MTU CT's connected for the dial to function. The Spyders are considered stand alone units so they do not duplicate your readings but as a result of that you would need to go to the Spyder tab to view those values and yes the Spyder is down to the minute so you would need to wait 1-2 mins for those values to adjust after turning a load on.

If you run into any questions or anything please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.
Have a wonderful day!

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com

toltingcoltacres

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 07:36:55 AM »
Got it. Thank you. Everything seems to be working like a charm.