Author Topic: TED Pro API Document request  (Read 2192 times)

tedsan

TED Pro API Document request
« on: August 28, 2016, 08:37:26 AM »
Hello,

After a number of years with a TED5000, I got a TED6000/Pro with Spyder.
With the TED5000, I use Excel to import daily historical data into a spreadsheet using the web API. Apparently, the API has changed for the TED6000 so I can't access the data.

From another post, I understand that the API is similar but changed. The OP of that thread also noted that there is a PDF documenting the API but I couldn't access that.

I would greatly appreciate a copy of the API. I'm sure other users would find it useful as well if it were on the downloads page for the TED6000.

Thanks for your help

Support7

• Administrator
Re: TED Pro API Document request
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:52:37 AM »
Hi Tedsan,

We do make the API available upon request so you would just need to go to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket to fill in a support ticket and we can provide you the files.

TED Support
www.TheEnergyDetective.com

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 09:33:22 AM »
When you have the API document, you should read the thread at http://forum.theenergydetective.com/index.php/topic,2953.0.html (if you haven't already), since it contains some corrections of information that is (or used to be) given incorrectly in the document.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

toltingcoltacres

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:24:28 AM »
Another option, if you cannot get a copy of the API quickly enough (I got my copy within a day), is you can use a program such as Charles Proxy to watch the requests between your browser and your ECC via the "footprints" web interface. That will give you the structure of the requests sent to the ECC and the reply.