Author Topic: User / password not working  (Read 2195 times)

ruler

User / password not working
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
A few months ago I set up a userid and password requirement for making any configuration changes.  At the time, I knew it worked because this information was saved in my browser.  Now when I go to my TED5000 gateway and try to upgrade the firmware, I get prompted for the userid / password.  The information is still stored in the browser and the gateway will not accept it.  It keeps going back to the pop up asking for the userid / password.  Even when I type in the correct information it still goes back to the same pop up.

Is there a way to clear out the old userid / password so I can upgrade the firmware?

When I try the PC install program, it finds the gateway, yet when I select the firmware file I get a firmware time out error.

Thanks for any help...

Joe

TEDSupport6

Re: User / password not working
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »
The first thing you can do is clear your browser's history. If that does not allow you to login to your gateway, then you'll need to reset the User ID/password and unfortunately, the only way to do this is by doing a hard reset of your Gateway. While the Gateway is plugged in, use a pen/paperclip to press the reset button on the side of the Gateway and hold for about 20-30 seconds, until the LED right next to the button lights up solid amber. Let go of the button, allow the LEDs to cycle, then unplug the gateway for about 10 minutes. Then you will need to do your setup once again.

ruler

Re: User / password not working
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 05:57:24 AM »
I did the hard reset.  I was then able to use the PC install program to upgrade the gateway software.  With all the settings cleared I was able to reconfigure the gateway and everything is back to normal and functioning properly.  It looks like some new features were added to the software.  What a fantastic product!  I really appreciate the reply and assistance to get me running again.

Thank you!