Author Topic: can not get the mtu and ecc to talk ip addresses can't find  (Read 1664 times)

vcmurdock

can not get the mtu and ecc to talk ip addresses can't find
« on: March 02, 2016, 02:56:41 PM »
Can not get the ecc or the mtu to talk, can not get the addresses to work to talk to them, I have pinged them and they show that they are not reading pings come back as 4 sent 0 received. 100% fail. That was one at a time, with the router it was even worst, conflicting errors, and they still wouldn't come up online. The ip address that are for these units just will not work when pinged or even trying on a web browser?
So how do these work? I was told in the beginning of this installation it was plug and play but the supervisor did not have a installation guide or trouble shooting guide in which I (electrician) have down loaded but still did not help me. The installation guide said 1 hour hook up yes did it in 3/4 of an hour but couldn't get it to work that was last Wednesday Feb.24/16 it is now Mar.2/16 and still not working, supervisor wants now to undo it and send it back with a nasty hate mail to go along with it. Also your videos do not go into depth of how to on any subject?
I do have a trouble shooting ticket from TED Co. but no help from there. Just go round in circles with them.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:05:07 AM by vcmurdock »

Support7

• Administrator
Re: can not get the mtu and ecc to talk ip addresses can't find
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:09:46 AM »
Hello vcmurdock,

We apologize for the issues you’re experiencing with your system and would be happy to help resolve them. The system is designed to be simple to install and use in the majority of installations, however due to the amount of devices or equipment available that could be in use on site where the TED system is being installed we cannot account for every installation unfortunately but we would be happy to help troubleshoot any issues that may arise.

I'm not sure of the issue you had in the ticket system as what I looked at we we're still waiting on a response to our initial questions to determine what the issue was in a response sent to you on 2/26/16 at 1:23pm est. This response would have been sent to the email you provided so if you did not get it then we apologize for the misunderstanding and ask that you please check your spam/junk email folder in case it was routed there.

It would appear your using Ethernet communication so it may be a networking issue but I would like to verify a few things before we make any type of determination so if you would prefer please give us a call at 1-800-959-5833 or respond to the support ticket so we can go into specifics about your installation to determine the issue.

I will also provide some links below to our installation and support documentation and video's that may help explain the system a little better.

Main website: www.theenergydetective.com

TED Pro series Support Documents and Downloads: http://www.theenergydetective.com/prodocs

Video's: http://www.theenergydetective.com/videos

vcmurdock

Re: can not get the mtu and ecc to talk ip addresses can't find
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 03:16:00 PM »
We did eventually did get it to work but disconnected it from were we had it to another location on the same feeders. But we have a problem showing the high and low voltages for the day, we experienced a spike in our system and shut down our UPS system and the Ted did not show the high and low voltages the occurred, our sub station is monitored so we did find out when and which lines were the fault,(was the utility suppliers fault). Anyway is something in the set up in the dashboard to set up to get these reading? Also its only reading a voltage of 123 volt AC, we have a 4 wire system 1-Red, 2-Black, 3-Blue, Neut-White, we should be showing a voltage of 206-210 volts AC between phases, not between one phase and neutral, is this also in the dashboard set up? It is a Ted Pro 400 with 3 CTs

Thanks Vince
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:19:24 PM by vcmurdock »