Author Topic: ECC offline then back  (Read 1786 times)

BSartist

ECC offline then back
« on: January 05, 2016, 09:20:30 PM »
I noticed a strange flatline in my graphs lasting at least 30 minutes as if the last values were frozen in time. Then when I looked at the stats I noticed an uptime of only a little over an hour and reset counters. I took no power hit. My Skp rate does now seem higher than before at about 13%. Anyone seen anything like this? I didn't intervene. It apparently came back up by itself after being offline for 30 minutes or so.

tmarks11

Re: ECC offline then back
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 11:54:03 AM »
Yes, I have seen that.  Do you have any X10 devices in your house?  The gateway is loosing comms with the MTU due to electrical interference.  

Did you connect your MTU with both the black and red wire, or just the red wire (recommended)?

Regardless, 14% skip rate is way too high.. it should really be in the single digits.  Right now, 1 in 7 packets from your MTU is getting lost.  You need to find what is causing interference and isolate that outlet with a filter.

Or you can do what I did, and connect your MTU's to a separate line to an outlet with your gateway, all isolated by a filter.  Since I did that, my SKIP rate dropped to nothing.  My SKIP rate is 0.007% with this setup.

Breaker -> Filter -> MTU -> outlet -> gateway.  All on their own protected branch.

Sort of like the picture in this pdf (except I have nothing plugged into the protected outlet except for my gateway):
http://www.theenergydetective.com/downloads/Filter.pdf
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:57:08 AM by tmarks11 »

BSartist

Re: ECC offline then back
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 08:05:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Yes I initially wired this up with the inline filter and a new dedicated circuit just for the ECC. It was not working at all. I was told by TED support that they have discovered some flaw where it won't work when the ECC is right next to the panel or somesuch. So they refunded me and sold me a plugin filter. I had to cobble together an arrangement whereby the MTU and ECC plug into the wall filter on a dedicated circuit.

Before I received that plug in filter in did move the dedicated circuit to the B phase so it wasn't on the same phase as my alarm system and router ETC. that got it working albeit with the 14% Skp rate. But it was working. This offline period was quite isolated and prolonged so I doubt it was noise related. But I haven't seen it again.

I have the new wiring scheme in place with the plug in filter and my Skp rate is 1.7%. Surprised it's even that high given the total isolation. But it's working.

RalfValdes

• I am 33 years old and my name is Leta Vasey. I life in Honefoss (Norway).
    • Great site for coupon saving
Im happy I finally registered
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 06:12:59 AM »
Cheers! I like it!

Look at my homepage stein mart coupon
Also visit my blog post :: stein mart coupon