Author Topic: Odd Readings since Spyder install  (Read 1524 times)

mrramsey

Odd Readings since Spyder install
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:28:09 PM »
Hey guys - I just installed a spyder mix on my TED PRO. Since then I have gotten some odd readings.  See attached image.  The big pink erratic line is the Main MTU. Not sure what caused that. I feel I have done a pretty good install my skip rate is ~1.5% (.015). Also the reading for my HVAC seems high. This is a gas furnace 97% AFUE modulating unit with a 48v ECM variable speed blower. Seems really odd that it would pull over 1kW. Thoughts?

mrramsey

{Solved} Odd Readings since Spyder install
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 04:44:06 PM »
I had the Spyder IN and Spyder Out connected in reverse.

I would suggest different nomenclature on the Spyder device such as 'To MTU' and 'To Spyder 2'. The In and Out are somewhat confusing since it really depends on how you are looking at the system especially when using only one spyder.

frankheon

Re: Odd Readings since Spyder install
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 11:20:37 PM »
I have similar issue with 2 spyders. One of them works perfectly fine but the second spikes downward to nil. So every now and then (5 minutes, or 1 hour) I get a spike and all devices on 1 spyder spike down. So in the end, I've moved all devices that consume less on the "faulty" spyder and the devices that constantly use power on the good spyder. That way I don<t see those spikes as much.

I had created a ticket and received a third spyder replacement a while back but it did the same thing. Countless emails were sent with picture but never got resolved.

I have attached one of my captures to show the spikes going down (blue, purple, turquoise and green lines). hopefully this will get resolved one day. My skip rate is also under 2%