Author Topic: NEW TED User - Footprints general questions  (Read 1773 times)

mrramsey

NEW TED User - Footprints general questions
« on: December 26, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »
Just installed my TED Pro Home yesterday. The install was simple and went without a hitch. I do have some questions regarding the interpretation of data in Footprints.

1. The Power Factor: What does this number represent? Is it an apparent efficiency of the electrical system? It seems to fluctuate from 92-96%

2. Present Voltage: The meter shows the display of one leg @ 122v though the label seems to show both voltages. Why no meter for both legs?

3. Hour History: Assuming this is an average between the listed hour and the previous hour?

4. I haven't found an android app for the TED pro. Anyone know of one? If not I will make one.

slockman

Re: NEW TED User - Footprints general questions
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 09:15:08 AM »
there is an android app the icon is yellow and green its a pic of a cfl bulb lol. i cant seem to get it to find me ted though. fire fox has a tool bar that would be cool while surfing the net but i can't get it to find mine either lol. im also new just hooked up my second spyder today to moniter some more of my breakers. 100 year old house with all new guts running minnisplits for hvac 2 outdoor units 7 aire handlers. and electric tankless water heater. if you make an app let me know for sure. cont view at all on my mobile devises.

mrramsey

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 11:53:27 AM »
Yeah that app is for the ted 5000 and not the pro. I am ordering a spyder this week to monitor some specific circuits. We are looking into solar so I am trying to see what the waste is to maximize performance.

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »
Hello mrramsey,

1) Power factor is the ratio of the real power that is used to do work and the apparent power that is supplied to the circuit.

2) The voltage is read from the power cable that powers the MTU since the power cable is connected to one leg it can only read the voltage from that one leg.

3) Yes that is correct.

4) I don't really know of any android apps that work with the TED Pro. You can bring up Footprints in your browser on your phone.