Author Topic: Storage limits for Spyder data  (Read 2619 times)

pfletch101

• My home page
Storage limits for Spyder data
« on: November 16, 2015, 09:17:03 PM »
I typically use the 48 hr graphic view of Minute data to look at my usage and production patterns, which works fine, and I typically look at my Spyder numbers on the Spyder tab, since I am usually only interested in longer-term usage for individual circuits. This also works fine. For various reasons, I needed to look at the pattern of usage on one of my Spyder channels in more detail, and I was surprised to see that only the last 28 or so hours of data was available on the 48 hour graphic view for any Spyder channel. What are the specs for internal storage of Spyder data before it is overwritten by new, which I assume is the problem here?
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

BSartist

Re: Storage limits for Spyder data
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 01:58:05 AM »
Did you ever sort this out?

tmarks11

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:06:28 PM »
This is the same for all the TED systems (TED 5000, TED Pro, TED Spider). It discusses this in the user data.

The controller only stores:
2 hours of second data
48 hours of minute data
90 days of hourly data
2 years of daily data
10 years of monthly data

They data is automatically written over the top of the previous data.  If you need to save it, then you could use the EXPORT feature and manually archive the data.  Unfortunately, this is not an automated script and you would have to remember to do it every 48 hours.

BSartist

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
But he said he's only seeing 28 hours worth. Not 48 hours worth.

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 04:46:39 PM »
The spyder only records 25 hours of minute data. Here is the specifications of the spyder. http://www.theenergydetective.com/downloads/Spyder%20Spec%20rev%202.2.pdf

If you would like more continuous minute data for the spyder I would suggest you connect your system to commander. It will keep all your minute data without having to export every 25 hours.
commander.theenergydetective.com

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 10:36:41 AM »
I have been away, and am just catching up. My Spyder data is normally captured by the energy monitoring and control system that I have running on my primary system. It is occasionally nice to be able to look at it quickly on Footprints, and 48 hours is a useful time period.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits