Author Topic: Ted Pro & Spyder ??  (Read 2066 times)

Iceman45

Ted Pro & Spyder ??
« on: November 13, 2015, 01:36:30 PM »
Hi all!

I have my new TED Pro & spider set up but I a quick question.  I wanted to monitor my heat pump.  It has Two separate circuits, one for the outside unit and one for inside unit.  The inside unit has a 100 amp breaker (for the electric heat backup), so I got a 200 amp CT to replace one of the 60 amp CT.  Is this OK?

The reason I ask is that the CT will not show when the Blower fan in the inside unit is on.  It should draw about 300 watts when running, give or take. 
Everything else seems to ok, I just wanted to make sure the 200A CT is comparable with the spider, before I turned the electric heat on to test if that will register.

Let me know if any more information in required.

Thanks

Lloyd
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:33:52 PM by Iceman45 »

Iceman45

Re: Ted Pro & Spyder ??
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:59:15 AM »
Just tried the electric heat, and the spyder picked that load up.  So my guess is that the blower is just not enough for the 200A CT to pick it up.  :(

Oh well I can live with that.

Just another quick question though.  I read in another post that the spyder is polled once a minute.  Is that reading instantaneous or an average of the previous minute?

Thanks

Lloyd

Iceman45

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:21:33 AM »
Wow

Nice Support Forum!!!!

>:(

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »
Wow

Nice Support Forum!!!!

>:(

The support here is mainly from other users. TED techs do wander by from time to time, but they don't regard this as the primary source of support for people with problems. If you want a response from them within a finite time, it is best to submit a ticket, which (in my experience) generally produces a reasonably prompt and helpful response. At this point, however, you probably won't hear from them until after the Thanksgiving weekend.

I believe (but without proof that I can point to) that the number reported each minute represents the (average) power flux for that minute - not the instantaneous point value - but in most normal circumstances the difference between the two notional values will be very small.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:07:02 PM by pfletch101 »
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits