Author Topic: New to TED  (Read 2043 times)

AndyW

New to TED
« on: October 15, 2015, 04:02:20 PM »
I'm new to TED have it all installed, along with my spyder.  All seems to be working.

My question is. Is there anyway I can look at one of the legs of the spyder with realtime results.  Take for example, if I turn on my AC I want to be able to see my "AC Comp" leg go from 0kWH to .141kWH or what ever.

I found the SPYDER tab on Footprints page, but the results seem to be way delayed.  Like 30 seconds or more.  Is there any realtime page I could look at for one of the legs? Or a way to force a refresh?

Also,  I had a problem with a breaker tripped.  I want to know if the SPYDER page could show if there is voltage on the leg or not?  Not sure if that is possible.

Thanks
Andy

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: New to TED
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 11:15:24 PM »
The maximum Spyder time resolution is one minute. This is part of the trade-off for being able to monitor eight circuits for the price of two standard MTUs. Similarly, Spyder legs have no independent voltage connections, so they can only monitor current flow in a circuit. They also can't distinguish between flow below a certain value (dependent on the CT current rating) and zero flow.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

RussellH

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »
Similarly, Spyder legs have no independent voltage connections, so they can only monitor current flow in a circuit.
One would hope there's no appreciable difference from the main panel voltage.

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 01:58:15 PM »
Similarly, Spyder legs have no independent voltage connections, so they can only monitor current flow in a circuit.
One would hope there's no appreciable difference from the main panel voltage.
If you read the OP's question more carefully, he was wanting to detect a tripped breaker - presumably by having the (notional) voltage feed for that Spyder arm connected to the breaker that it was monitoring.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

AndyW

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 04:24:27 PM »
 pfletch101

Thanks for the info. I have this installed in my bakery.  I was hoping to figure out if my walk-in compressor breaker tripped.  Either by voltage or lack of current flow.  The voltage part was just that it was on. Not that it was different than the main breaker.  I was hoping for both, but will go the route of history where the compressor runs minimum  5 times per hour.  So if I see no current flow in ## minutes I can send me a txt message.  (future coding using the api)

Thanks again for the help.