Author Topic: Month data not accurate?  (Read 2096 times)

valheru

Month data not accurate?
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:10:36 PM »
I have a Ted Pro Home unit installed back in mid-jury.  I'm just now starting to get month data but it's inaccurate.  As shows in the attached screenshot, the month data says ~330Kwh for th month, but looking at the bottom under daily you can see that I use that much in about 3 days.  Thoughts?

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: Month data not accurate?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 07:59:54 AM »
Obviously, both sets of data can't be right. You presumably know (from your utility bill) which represents reality (or which is closer to doing so). It would be helpful to know this! Have you looked at your statistics page to verify that you have a reasonable connection between your MTUs and your ECC? Very bad communication between them seems sometimes to result in discordant hourly, daily, and monthly totals - none of which may be close to reality.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

valheru

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 02:02:46 AM »
Oh I'm certain the daily is correct, butI would have thought that the monthly would have been a derivative of the daily totals.  If the unit has all of the data from the daily figures, would the monthly not just be a calculation based on that?

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 07:47:09 PM »
You should still certainly check your stats page. I have never looked closely at whether my monthly totals are precisely equal to the sum of the relevant daily totals, though there have never been discrepancies big enough to jump out at me (which yours manifestly are). I have noticed, however, that the daily totals are not always precisely equal to the sum of the relevant hourly totals, nor (particularly) are the hourly totals precisely equal to the sum of minute by minute values which I download and store. It appears that some outlier/error rejection may be happening in the calculation of the longer term totals.

Have you tried downloading your data, and, if so, does what is downloaded correspond to what is displayed?
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits