Author Topic: TEDPro -> Raspberry Pi -> Google Sheets (for solar / power generation)  (Read 4381 times)

ifermon

I am creating a program for the Pi that will collect data from the TED Pro, collect temp, humidity and light level, and write it all to a google spreadsheet near real time. It's mostly done, just need to put together the "weather station" once the final pieces arrive.

What is it good for? In my case I have solar panels whose output is monitored by my TED PRO. So this allows me to correlate the amount of sun (light level) + temperature + power generation. It should, in theory, allow me to be able to quickly see if I am having production problems.

Humidity comes for free, haven't really figured out a good use for it yet, but I'm open to ideas.

You could even set it up to send you an SMS if you reach certain triggers (i.e. power usage spikes beyond a certain level).

If you are interested contact me via this forum. Hopefully someone besides me will find this useful.

Support7

• Administrator
Hello ifermon,

I would greatly appreciate if you could share the program with me, as I am personally working on something similar with my TED system at home and my raspberry pi.

ifermon

Hello ifermon,

I would greatly appreciate if you could share the program with me, as I am personally working on something similar with my TED system at home and my raspberry pi.

It's still very much a work in progress.

You can see the pieces in github: https://github.com/ifermon/TEDDataClient.git.

I was expecting more progress today, but I'm suddenly having activation issues. I'd be happy to collaborate on it.

ifermon

Got it working. I couldn't get it to post for some reason so I used the history API instead, since that was a pull and not a push.

Located on git here: https://github.com/ifermon/weather.git

This project runs on a raspberry Pi. It has a light sensor that you can use for light levels, a temp and humid sensor. It pools TED for history, and posts, every 10 minutes, readings for temp, humidity, light level and power generated.

Let me know if you have questions. It's positing away now for the last 24 hours or so with no issues.

MarkG

Hello ifermon,

I'm working on a similar project.  I use an arduino to monitor a number of temperature sensors and archive the data on a Windows PC.   I just installed my TED Pro with a Spyder today and I'm interested in aggregating the energy data along with the temp data already being collected.