Author Topic: Suggestion for next Footprints update  (Read 2050 times)

Wdeertz

Suggestion for next Footprints update
« on: February 16, 2015, 06:19:44 PM »
I recently installed TED Pro lite with 2 spyders so am monitoring 16 loads which covers most of my electricity usage.  Despite this it would be nice if Footprints on the spyder page showed at the bottom the total for all unmonitored circuits as a means to gauge total usage for unmonitored circuits.  I recognize this can me manually calculated by subtracting the individual spyder amounts from the system totals but this requires too much effort. 

TED developers please consider for the next update.

jfpetesn

Re: Suggestion for next Footprints update
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:05:41 PM »
I suggest that they move the buttons for settings,Export, Advanced, & Help from the top left to the top right.  I seem to inadvertently mouse over these every time I am working in footprints.  Moving them to the right would put them out of the way but still accessible.

Piedmont

Re: Suggestion for next Footprints update
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 01:17:04 AM »
How about increase the seasons to 12, or allow a monthly utility charge be entered.  My utility charges a different rate each month but I can't enter 12 seasons.

Next have sensitivity adjustments to legs of the spyders.  I don't think the Spyder can display the unmonitored circuits as the poster stated because the Spyder is not accurate enough.  I have 2 spyders and if I go to the Spyder page and add up all the individual circuits the spyder will say I'm using more than the current MTU.  That is, add up all the Spyder circuits and I'll get $0.24/hr however the MTU will say I'm using $0.16/hr  :o I was wondering why the spyder always said I was using 4 circuits each at 54 watts when nothing was plugged into them or on.  I then realized two circuits have a lit light switch, probably using less than a watt but the spyder is saying 54 watts each.  Another has a dimmer that has a tiny LED, again probably less than a watt but the spyder says 54 watts.  It's obvious the issue is the Spyders can detect there is electricity flowing to power these tiny lights in the lightswitches but it's below a threshold so it is defaulting to 54 watts.  x4 in my case, so my Spyders are overpredicting my energy use by 200 watts/hr typically which affects my spyder month totals, etc.

I wish I could set a minimum in a Spyder leg, as in if the draw is 0.6kW or less use .002kW otherwise use the actual measured value.  I'd even be okay if I could set a spyder leg to ignore any measurements equal or under 0.054kW
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:56:23 PM by Piedmont »