Author Topic: TED Pro Lite 3 Phase Accuracy???  (Read 2042 times)

Wdeertz

TED Pro Lite 3 Phase Accuracy???
« on: February 12, 2015, 08:57:29 PM »
I've recently installed a TED Pro Lite on a 120v/208v 3 phase service.  I believe everything is connected properly as Footprints is showing the correct voltage at 120v/208v. My Phase A=Black main Phase B=Red main and Phase C=Blue main.

I've been monitoring my total electricity usage per TED to my electric company meter over the past 10 days and TED has consistently been about 15-16% higher than the power company meter over this time period.  Is this an acceptable tolerance?

I seem to recall prior to purchasing TED that the website indicated 3 phase power should be +/-5% so this is way outside this range.  Should I set my MTU calibration to .85?

jfpetesn

Re: TED Pro Lite 3 Phase Accuracy???
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 09:18:11 PM »
I was told that the MTU's are calibrated to within 2%.  I had a similar problem as I was seeing a difference in my meter reads and solar production (2 MTU's) took a couple of months to figure out if it was my TED or the utility meter that was incorrect.  After some calculations and observations I determined that my MTU's (both solar and load) were under measuring by 2.6%. Once I made the adjustment (+1.026) I am spot on.  Last month I was within 16 kWh of the meter read for a whole month.

After thinking about it, unless you think your meter is incorrect by a bunch one should probably calibrate the TED to the meter.  Your meter is what the utility will be using for their data and in the future if you see any variances you will know why.

RussellH

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 10:04:56 PM »
What Power Factor is TED reporting?  While TED tries to compensate, if it's way off from "1", the accuracy may go down.

Wdeertz

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 11:04:57 PM »
What Power Factor is TED reporting?  While TED tries to compensate, if it's way off from "1", the accuracy may go down.

The Power Factor is reading 97.9%.  I should point I adjusted the voltage adjustment to .984 to get a reading consistent with a voltmeter at the panel.  I suspect if I left the voltage adjustment at 1 I would be seeing an even bigger variance than 15%.  

I can adjust the kwh adjustment to .85 but this seems like too big of a variance to brush off.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:08:02 PM by Wdeertz »

Wdeertz

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 05:18:48 AM »
What Power Factor is TED reporting?  While TED tries to compensate, if it's way off from "1", the accuracy may go down.

The Power Factor is reading 97.9%.  I should point I adjusted the voltage adjustment to .984 to get a reading consistent with a voltmeter at the panel.  I suspect if I left the voltage adjustment at 1 I would be seeing an even bigger variance than 15%.  

I can adjust the kwh adjustment to .85 but this seems like too big of a variance to brush off.

Anyone else using the TED Pro Lite with 3 phase power and want to comment on their accuracy?