Author Topic: Anyone using Bidgely?  (Read 3774 times)

lban

Anyone using Bidgely?
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:31:38 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else is using bidgely?  If so, does itemization work for you?  How long did it take to 'kick in'?  My readings have been working for about 5 days now, and I am getting a breakdown between "Always on" and "Others", but I think that I should be seeing more of a breakdown than that?

DavidCB74

Re: Anyone using Bidgely?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
Yeah, I signed up with myEnersave about six months ago.  ..long before they switched to Bidgely.  It took a couple of weeks (at least 2or3) for their software to latch on to anything in my data.  I'm using their 'polling' method btw, & using my 3rd party posting with myEragy.com.  I've had no problems getting data to either website; however, I'm not too impressed with Bidgely's assumptions about my appliances.  It lists a number items I specifically told them I DO NOT have when i signed up.  It tracks my refrigerator and dryer fairly well, but is currently telling me my a/c is "space heater 2", kitchen appliances seem to elude it completely (microwave, built-in cooktop & oven).  I don't have most of the things it lists...  Items do come and go from the list from time to time, & i'm looking forward to them asking for 'feedback' on their interpretations, if it ever happens.  The whole thing looks alot better now that its Bidgely, myenersave was kinda dry.  But anyway, please do share how it works out for you.

David

Bidgely

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »
Response from Bidgely:

1. It usually takes a few weeks before the itemized information is turned on - If it takeslonger - it may be because we have not gathered enough instances of the usage of appliances in your home or you may not have used some appliances enough.

2. As David mentioned, refrigeration and dryer are the ones we have in high confidence release status. Much of the time has been spent on these because there are usually important energy consumers on most homes. Heating and Cooling sometimes get mixed up when seasons are changing and temperatures are somewhat in between where it is hard to identify whether it was heating or cooling. But, this is being worked on and will get fixed over time.

3. The new appliances come and go because this is a beta service - we are working hard to make this better and accurate over time.

We thank all Bidgely subscribers in contributing to solving this problem by participating in our service.
Please feel free to send any questions to support@bidgely.com.

Bidgely Support

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 02:48:29 AM »
I just started using Bidgely in March 2015 with TED-5000, but it was tricky using it and also Plotwatt (instead of deactivating "Energy Posting" to PlotWatt, I wrote a Perl script to read MTU data and upload to Bidgely via the API), plus it didn't seem to pick up appliances when I used the API meter upload feature.

---Update---

In late 2015 I upgraded from TED-5000 to TED Pro Home which supports up to 4 energy posting destinations, and now it works much better, and I have a few appliances showing up on the dashboard
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:01:48 PM by Kevin »
Gateway Version 1.0.499, Daughterboard Version 1.0.0, Footprints Version 1.0.281, MTU Version 1.0.61