Author Topic: Ted5000 and Cacti -> Success !!  (Read 3671 times)

Jo!han

Ted5000 and Cacti -> Success !!
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:40:35 PM »
Hi guys,

After a few trial and errors, I finally have something functional to extract the data from my TED 5000 unit and use Cacti to graph the data.

I'd like to share my scripts with you guys.

I'd appreciate to have some feedback for future improvements. Please note, I'm not a professional developer.
Everything is written in Perl language and all reference to files is for Linux/Unix.
Everything could also run under Windows, as long you modify the file references and off course, you'd need to install Perl and some libraries.

That being said, ted5000xml.pl gets the LiveData.xml file from the gateway, does some scale adjustments and prints the output.

On the other hand, ted5000xml-5min, downloads the last 5 min of data from the gateway for MTU#1 (I only have one MTU though), and averages the output.

For the Cacti templates, you can start with this post : http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=50149

Let me know what you thinks !

Both scripts will cache the data, and will only refresh the data if the file are properly downloaded from the gateway.

Enjoy !

Johan

Kevin

Re: Ted5000 and Cacti -> Success !!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:53:40 AM »
Nice job, looks like a well-written script.

One recommendation -  I've found it very helpful to graph not just usage, but also the MTU Received/Skipped counts, so I can tell if there is an issue with receiving data from the MTU, for example, to track down if there's a time-of-day factor to MTU transmission failures.

My script fetches "stats.htm" file to extract "MTU Rec" and "MTU Skp" values for each MTU.
Gateway Version 1.0.499, Daughterboard Version 1.0.0, Footprints Version 1.0.281, MTU Version 1.0.61

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »
On a related note, I just switched from TED 5000 to TED Pro Home, and have found I needed to make some minor changes to my data collection script because of differences in the formatting of headers and data in "stats.htm" with the new device.

I'll post details once I get the Spyder hooked up and figure out how to best pull data from Spyder as well as the primary MTUs.
Gateway Version 1.0.499, Daughterboard Version 1.0.0, Footprints Version 1.0.281, MTU Version 1.0.61

paul.loehlein

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »
Hello,

I've been playing around with your scripts. I've gotten to the point where I'm ready to customize cacti, but it looks like your cacti forum was taken down. Do you know of another place that I could get that information? I should have copied it rather than assumed that it would remain there.

Thanks,

Paul