Author Topic: MTU readings are double from expected  (Read 2309 times)

rollanr1

MTU readings are double from expected
« on: November 14, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »
I just installed the TED 6000.  Everything seems to be working fine except that the MTU readings are showing approximately double what we are actually using.  I have submitted a ticket but not heard back  ??? - so any ideas what might be going on?

I do have a solar system but I'm not monitoring the generation or net.  I just have the TED Pro Home with two CTs on the main line coming into the house.  I'm also using the Spyder and that seems to be working ok.  I wouldn't think the solar system, which has a net meter on the outside of the house, would have anything to do with it.

Thanks for any help!

Support7

• Administrator
Re: MTU readings are double from expected
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 07:17:58 PM »
Hello rollanr1,

How are you determining that your usage is double? Please submit a screenshot of your stats page in the ticket system. We have tried to call you this morning, but the call went to voicemail. We will respond in the ticket you submitted.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

rollanr1

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 07:57:06 PM »
From my actual readings from my meter I have averaged 80 KWHs a day (on the high end).  The TED system registered just under 161 kWh in the first day. 

I will submit the status page.

Thanks!

rollanr1

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 08:02:34 PM »
How do I submit a screen shot of my stats page through a support ticket?  I didn't see a file attach option.

RussellH

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 10:21:56 PM »
Check the reported voltage.  Odds are you have it set wrong so it's seeing 240/440 instead of 120/240.  That will cause you to see double the power.