Author Topic: AC (MTU2) Readings Seem Too High  (Read 3170 times)

Camdoug808

AC (MTU2) Readings Seem Too High
« on: November 04, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »
My AC (MTU2) is connected to my system and is registering in my Dashboard, however I have noticed several things that indicate that TED is reading more usage I am.

Currently I am using about 1500 Kwh per month for my entire household, but on my dashboard Projected KW Usage is over 2000 for MTU2 alone.

Present Voltage on MTU2 indicates 480/240 when I think it should be 240/120.

Can this be solved by changing MTU calibration?

Camdoug808

Re: AC (MTU2) Readings Seem Too High
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:39:06 AM »
Stats Page for MTU2

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 05:44:43 PM »
Hello Camdoug808,

Under Advanced, MTU calibration, please take a screenshot and submit it for review. What color are the LEDs on the MTU? Are you sure you don't have the MTU connected across 240V? Make sure the white wire is connected firmly to the neutral bus bar.

The only things that could cause the readings you are seeing are:

1. MTU power cable is installed incorrectly.

2. MTU was powered up in an incorrect mode.

3. MTU calibration has been changed to x2.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

Camdoug808

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 08:13:51 PM »
Hi,

The only calibration I changed so far was for MTU3 (Solar Production) I only have one MTU for my PV system and I reduced the calibration to 0.500 to more closely reflect actual Solar Production (as seen from another website.) I will verify a good power and ground connection for my AC MTU.

Thanks!

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »
Hello Camdoug808,

Which site tells you to reduce your Solar readings by half, and why? If you have the MTU and CTs installed correctly, your Solar generation should be correctly displayed. Could you provide a simple line drawing of your installation, along with notations on where the MTUs are connected? I am very confused as to the layout of your system.

The power factor on your Stats page for that MTU indicates you may have the CTs off phase. Please check that the A phase CT is on the A phase line of the AC.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:41:03 PM by Support7 »

Camdoug808

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 09:01:18 PM »
I just went in to verify my AC Connection (MTU2) and found that I'm an idiot. I connected both the positive wire and the negative to each breaker. AC Problem solved  :)

My TED readings were reading double of what output readings read on my Solar Edge site. I re-verified my connections for the solar install and noticed I did the same thing (positive and negative attached to the breaker) :'( I never claimed to be an electrician. I will change my MTU 3 calibration back to 1.000, review the data I receive today and let you know what I see.

Thanks Again!

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »
Hello Camdoug808,

Mistakes happen, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm just glad your issue has been resolved and you are back up and running. You will probably also want to erase history and reset totals to zero now that you have the correct data being recorded. Let us know if you have any other problems.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support