Author Topic: Current Firmware Versions  (Read 3247 times)

pfletch101

• My home page
Current Firmware Versions
« on: September 05, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »
Could we have a "sticky" topic here with a firmware change log and a download source for current firmware versions? I notice that a recent poster reports considerably higher firmware version numbers than I have, and I got mine directly from Support only two or three months ago. I don't have any serious problems, but there are a few inelegancies in the Footprints versions that I have that may well have been addressed in more recent revisions. It would be nice to have at least the option to update.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Current Firmware Versions
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »
Hey pfletch,

Given the issues we have had supplying the firmware previously on the forum, I feel the better route will be to post current versions and change logs, but still require a ticket submission to receive the firmware files. This will allow us to ensure that the required instructions are being sent and followed, as well as creating a record of the update.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 06:50:07 PM »
That sounds reasonable. When can we expect the version/change log posting to be actioned?
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 04:57:33 PM »
Hey pfletch,

I'm working on getting the Support Ticket Form updated. As soon as that is done.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »
Bump!  :)
Peter R. Fletcher

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »
Hello pfletch101,

We are running into technical issues getting the support ticket updated.

The current release firmware revisions are ECC version 627 and Footprints version 625. An odd graphing bug was discovered today in these builds, so a new one will be made available soon.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

jfpetesn

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 08:36:20 PM »
If I update my firmware will I loose any stored data?

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 08:41:58 PM »
Hello jfpetesn,

If you update from a far earlier version, then yes, there is the possibility you may lose data. With any recent update, if you have older firmware, you should expect to lose settings, so it's recommended to write down your settings. You should also download and save your export files anytime you do an update. Creating and uploading a saved settings file is NOT recommended because we have changed the data format and added many new features, and uploading an older settings file will cause issues for the system.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

jfpetesn

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 06:53:33 AM »
I have ECC 624 and Footprints 623.  I don't mind losing my settings as I can easily set them up again.  I would hate to loose my data and if that is the case I can live with my current version.