Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 11551 times)

TED_User

Re: First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 05:22:45 PM »
Is it possible to purchase a TED Pro Home with two MTU PROs instead of the PLC model?  I kind of like the idea of using ethernet for communication between devices since it gives me more options.

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 06:12:18 PM »
Hello TED_User,

You would purchase one http://www.theenergydetective.com/pro400 and an additional http://www.theenergydetective.com/mtupro.html

There is not a TED Pro Home package that includes Pro MTUs, so you would simply purchase a Commercial system and an additional MTU.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 07:44:33 PM »
Did you get the Spyder option with your setup?  I really want to see how the Spyder looks in the Footprints software.

See the image attached. The output from the actual current transducers attached to each Spyder can be grouped, so that (as in this example) the power used by all the components of your HVAC system or all your kitchen circuits can be added together for display, while some components are still broken out separately. You may have up to 8 groups, each of which may include data from one or more current transducers, and the input from any current transducer may be included in any one or more of these groups. In this example, the 'HVAC' number includes the power drawn by the A/C compressor plus the power totals for the Whole House Fan and HVAC Fan and controller which are also displayed separately. Similarly, the 'Kitchen' number includes the power drawn by the Microwave and Garbage disposal on one circuit plus the power drawn by the Dishwasher on a separate circuit, which is also displayed separately.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

lorick

• Lorick Weather Live
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 07:05:39 PM »
My Footprints software does NOT have the "SPIDER" tab accross the top.  What am I missing?

Rick

Did you get the Spyder option with your setup?  I really want to see how the Spyder looks in the Footprints software.

See the image attached. The output from the actual current transducers attached to each Spyder can be grouped, so that (as in this example) the power used by all the components of your HVAC system or all your kitchen circuits can be added together for display, while some components are still broken out separately. You may have up to 8 groups, each of which may include data from one or more current transducers, and the input from any current transducer may be included in any one or more of these groups. In this example, the 'HVAC' number includes the power drawn by the A/C compressor plus the power totals for the Whole House Fan and HVAC Fan and controller which are also displayed separately. Similarly, the 'Kitchen' number includes the power drawn by the Microwave and Garbage disposal on one circuit plus the power drawn by the Dishwasher on a separate circuit, which is also displayed separately.
Rick Jungerberg
Eau Claire, WI, USA

TED Pro Home with 2 Spyders

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:14 PM »
In order to get my Spyder to function, I had to install updates to my MTU and ECC firmware and to Footprints. I got the updates (very quickly, indeed) by submitting a ticket after I physically installed the Spyder and found that (my existing version of) Footprints could not see it. The Spyder tab appeared after I told Setup in (the new version of) Footprints that I had a Spyder installed, and configured it.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

lundwall_paul

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:54 PM »
I didn't have any problems with the installation of the TED Pro Home. However there seems to be missing documentation on the ECC. I had to call support to see what to do with the two USB ports on the device. Turns out one is for future expansion and the other is for the wired display. I still have no idea what the front lights represent.

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »
Hello lundwall_paul,

The LEDs in the front can serve several functions.

In Footprints, under settings you will see a Status LED Settings link. Open that link and you will be able to set the front LEDs to illuminate based on the variables you input.

Any input you have about what information you feel is missing from the literature would help us in updating and improving the documentation.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support