Author Topic: New TED Pro Home - Setup?  (Read 3143 times)

amit

New TED Pro Home - Setup?
« on: June 18, 2014, 02:43:41 AM »
Hello,
I just purchased a Ted Pro home and have been searching online for some kind of document or info, that would help me figure out how to properly config the settings to calculate correct costs.
I live in FL.
Does anyone know where to get this info, short of calling FPL?
Thank you.
Regards,
Amit

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: New TED Pro Home - Setup?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 04:17:04 AM »
I am not quite sure what you are asking for. Generally speaking, you need to take the charge rates from your utility bill, put them in categories that correspond to those of one of TED's general rate types, and enter your numbers in the right boxes. You frequently have to add together a number of line item rates for each "box". You shouldn't need any information that isn't on your bill, though there are some more complex rate structures that TED can't deal with.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

amit

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:02:35 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. To be more specific, I was getting ridiculous cost readings on the daily and monthly projections.

I figured out why.

It seems there is a bug in the footprints software or ECC. At least, that's what I would classify it as. In the Energy or Fuel Surcharge section (Utility Settings --> Additional Charges tab), the "Yes" checkbox is never unselected once it has been selected in the past. Saving it seems to be successful (i.e. Apply settings to ECC), but when you return to that setting, you will see the "Yes" checked again. I made the mistake of assuming it was fine after saving the first time, which is why I got ridiculous costs. I had the fuel surcharge rate set at $0.31/kWh when I initially played with the software. Yikes!

I suspected it was a browser issue at first (Safari) since settings in footprint remain in the browser, so if you visit from another device, the settings will seem different (unless you've configured them similarly), but it was the same result using firefox.

One workaround is to set the rate to $0.00

I have the following software versions:
ECC 1.0.624
Footprints 1.0.623

I have submitted a ticket advising them of the issue and asking if there is a newer software version.

Amit

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 03:36:17 PM »
Hello Amit,

If you click the check box twice, it will deselect and after you update your settings it should no longer be appearing. Please let me know if this addresses your current issue.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

amit

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 03:54:51 PM »
Hello,
That's a negative sir :)
It does not work as you describe.
When I return to that page, the checkbox is already selected (which it should not be) yet the field is not visible. Clicking the checkbox one time therefore removes the check, clicking a second time will then cause the check to reappear along with the field. Saving it at that point only confirms that I desire it to be selected, when the desired result is to deselect it.
Similarly, clicking it three times consecutively produces the same result as originally posted.
Thanks.
Amit