Author Topic: Cant see Spyder  (Read 3153 times)

Pnord

Cant see Spyder
« on: June 07, 2014, 10:49:34 PM »
I have had my TED pro up & running for a week now.
This morning I added the Spyder to my system.
After power up, I Changed the system settings to include 1 Spyder & named the circuits.
The only place on the Footprints webpage that I notice the change is on the history page where the circuit names are listed
(but not recording). Not on the Dashboard or Graphing pages.
Otherwise TED doesn't seem to notice the Spyder.
The Spyder is flashing blue & I have double checked the connections. (connect to "Spy In")
What an I missing ?
Thanks
Paul

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: Cant see Spyder
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 11:03:33 PM »
Nothing new appears on the Footprints Dashboard tab when you install a Spyder, but you should see a new fourth tab at the top of the screen (labeled 'Spyder') and options to display Spyder Channel data on the History and Graphing tabs. The Graphing options are not super-obvious - you have to scroll down in the Legend box towards the bottom right of the page to see them. If you are missing any of these, you may well need a Footprints firmware update - see my messages elsewhere in this forum (http://www.theenergydetectiveforums.com/index.php/topic,2952.msg7671.html#msg7671).
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

Pnord

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 05:06:41 AM »
I got the updates & installed today, Spyder working well now.
Next, getting the weather display to work.
Thanks,
Paul

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 07:07:51 AM »
Next, getting the weather display to work.
Paul

Good luck with that! Mine has been saying the temperature outside is 28 degrees since March!
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

santhony

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 06:10:33 AM »
I just received my Spyder today... I have it hooked up.. But I don't see anything different in footprints..

When I go thru the settings menu wizard, it does come to a Spyder tab, but there is nothing on that tab to populate.. Just some instructions to fill out the form below, which is nothing....

Any ideas?

ECC Version
Footprints Version

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 05:09:32 PM »
Hello santhony,

In the Product ID Tab of the System Settings Wizard, you should see check boxes enabling the Spyder Settings page. Check the box, update your settings and the Spyder Settings Page will appear. After you activate the Spyder Settings page, you can find more information about setting up your Spyder here:   http://www.theenergydetective.com/downloads/spyder.pdf

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

santhony

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 05:38:10 PM »
Great.. I got that working now...

One last question to confirm.. The cable between the mtu and spyder... On the spyder... am I using the out port or in port?

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »
santhony,

Connect the cable from the port on the MTU to the SPY IN port on the Spyder.

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support