Author Topic: TED Pro Home - Items to address in next firmware update  (Read 7313 times)

pfletch101

• My home page
TED Pro Home - Items to address in next firmware update
« on: April 20, 2014, 09:27:17 PM »
I am told that at least one substantial firmware update is planned for the TED Pro home, to finalize (among other things) the raw data download structure. I have identified a number of issues with the user interface that should also be addressed in the update.

On the Live Dashboard page:
1) The scaling of the KWH Used (for various actual and projected periods) displays on the Live Dashboard page cannot be reduced enough for domestic use. Ideally, the endpoints of the scales should be arbitrary, set by the user in setup, as they were for the TED5000. If this is not possible, all the scale minima should be settable to negative values (for those with their own PV, Wind, or other power sources), and the lowest available settings for the maxima should be about one tenth of the current limits (i.e. 20 kWh for the daily totals and projections, and 200 kWh for the monthly ones).
2) The Weather display is flaky. The forecast link works and the Sunrise/Sunset times and wind numbers and direction are correct, but the displayed temperature has been stuck at 28 degrees for weeks on my Dashboard page (it is now 70 degrees outside, as I write!).

On the History page:
1) The Month History display starts at Dec (20)12 when device is first installed, and is (reasonably enough!) zero-filled. After the end of the first month, the correct figures for that month appear but the month labels for the rest of the section still start at Dec 12, and the Dec 12 line is duplicated. IMHO, lines which are unused because the data has not yet accumulated should be blank (for dates) and zero-filled.
2) The first (This Week) and fourth (Last Week) column headers in the Day History section presently read 'Month' (should presumably be 'Day').
Similarly, the first (Today) and fourth (Yesterday) column headers in the Hour History section presently read 'Month' (should presumably be 'Hour' or 'Time').

[Modified 5/2/2014 to add missing words and correct minor errors]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 06:02:44 PM by pfletch101 »
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

TED_User

Re: TED Pro Home - Items to address in next firmware update
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:13:23 PM »
For the TED alerts, I'd like to see the following:

1.  Both High and Low voltage alerts, not just high voltage alerts.  The TED 5000 has a high and low voltage alert, but for some reason the TED Pro has two high voltage alerts, which doesn't make sense to me.

2.  The ability to monitor and display amperage, which is what is measured by the CT anyway. 

3.  Alerts for both high and low amperage, which I think will be more useful for my stand-by generator application (I haven't actually purchased one yet).  I don't like having just the 10-minute average power alert, in some cases I'd like an immediate alert for exceeding some preset current threshold.

RussellH

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 09:28:59 PM »
For the TED alerts, I'd like to see the following:

What might be more useful is an alert when the TED reboots.  Since the generator needs some time to start, I think there's going to be an outage and everything not on a UPS will have to reboot.  Because of the way TED works, I don't think any part of it can be on a UPS.  At best, your switch, router and modem will be on a UPS.

lundwall_paul

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 01:54:42 AM »
What are the latest firmware version(s) and how do we find the new improved versions?

lundwall_paul

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 06:34:47 PM »
I have been using the TED Pro now for about a week. It was easy to install and setup. One thing that I would like to see is the graphics on the real time kw usage dial and the present spending per hour. I find it somewhat difficult to read white numbers on a light gray background. Perhaps if the font was larger and there was more contrast. The needle itself could be toned down a little.