Author Topic: Ted Pro Net History  (Read 4589 times)

Dre

Ted Pro Net History
« on: March 31, 2014, 03:49:43 PM »
I have a Ted Pro and I am using it with Solar generation. The history for Load and Gen are both correct but the NET daily history is the SUM of Load and Gen. Shouldn't it actually be the "Net" value of the two.

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Ted Pro Net History
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 04:45:26 PM »
Good Morning Dre,

You have two MTUs, one is set to Load and one is set to Generation, correct? Are you saying that your NET view is the absolute value of the Generation plus Load? If you click the Generation MTU, do you have a negative reading? The NET should display the math of Load + (-Generation). Could you supply screenshots showing your NET, MTU1 and MTU2 on the Dashboard?

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

Dre

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
I had included a screenshot with the initial post. Can you not see it?

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 07:30:06 PM »
Hello Dre,

I see the screenshots and what your issue is. We are working to recreate here in the lab in order to discover why this is happening. Is the data correct in your daily export?

Best Regards,

TED Forum Support

Dre

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 08:20:53 PM »
Yes the Gen and Load daily reports are both correct.

lorick

• Lorick Weather Live
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 08:53:21 AM »
Check out the "Month History also. 2 March and NO April
Rick Jungerberg
Eau Claire, WI, USA

TED Pro Home with 2 Spyders

Dre

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
Thanks Lorik. I didn't notice that . One my current history view. There isn't a double March but March and April both have 0 for the monthly totals.

DetectiveSteve

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:24 PM »
Right now the solar panel generation totals that are showing in your report are positive numbers.

I was told by tech support "Our system is design to assume <solar> generation is a negative number, since you are not using that power, but rather creating it."  

Assuming your multiple MTU solar monitoring setup is the #1 choice on the MTU setup screen (as is mine: MTU#1 = Net, MTU#2 = Generation) flip over the CT's to point the other way on the MTU measuring the solar panels.  (Yes the instructions on the CT's say to point the dot towards the source of power but it's not always that simple.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:14:48 PM by DetectiveSteve »

Dre

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 10:17:31 PM »
I use option 2 for solar since I have a line side tap. Changing the direction of the MTUs did fix my issue. The instructions did say have the dots facing the source of power but in my install it is now the reverse of that.

DetectiveSteve

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:46 PM »
Glad that worked for you (and for me.)  For those monitoring a grid tied solar / wind system the equation that is being solved for is as follows:
  • Load + Generation = Net

This requires the following characteristics when figuring up how to orient the Current Transformers on the MTU's:
  • Load should always read as a positive number (this is what the home would be pulling from the utility if Generation = 0)
  • Generation should always read as a negative number (when the generator is actually generating - don't get tricked by the bouncing near 0 values during non-generation periods)
  • Net should read as positive when power is being taken from the utility company.
  • Net should read as negative when more power is being produced than the home (aka the load) requires.