The Energy Detective Forums
December 14, 2017, 11:17:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: TED5000 Beta R452/R240
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« on: June 09, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »

Note: If your Gateway ID starts with a 20  (e.g. 2000AB) please do not apply this firmware update. Users w/ Gateway ID's that start with 21  (e.g. 2100AB) can still apply this update. Your Gateway ID is visible under System Settings->Product Information and is also printed on a sticker located at the bottom of the Gateway.

THIS FIRMWARE WILL NOT WORK ON TED PRO SYSTEMS

Gateway R452:  http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/gateway-g-20110629-r452.bin
Footprints R240: http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/Footprints-20110608-R240.bin
Installer R3:  http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/CD3.zip (PC only for now)

Changes Since R450
----
Bug Fix:  Fixes 3rd party post bug where a negative value is sent in high-precision mode

Changes Since R447
-----
- Fix to thermostat code so that it will support the latest firmware release for the CT-30 and 3m50
- Added option for higher precision w/ 3rd party post.

Changes Since R406
-----
-   New Feature: Added Demand Charge Calculations
-   New Feature: Added RTA WiFi Thermostat Support*  (note: we are still waiting for updated firmware to be released from RTA before this is fully functional).
-   New Feature: Added ability to backup and restore history  (requires installer beta here: http://files.theenergydetective.com/firmware/beta/CD3.zip to perform backup and restore).
-   Gateway: Reset button no longer deletes history when held in place for a factory reset
-   Footprints: Bumped up min/max value for Projected Cost, MTD Cost, etc (was 10000 kwH now is 32767 kwH)
-   Footprints: Added extra decimal of precision to Day History on the history Page
-   Footprints: Fixed labels on History Page (no longer use military time, Month history now shows full year)
-   Footprints: Updated setting/utility wizards to add more instruction to the various pages
-   Footprints: Shortened MTU Description to 5 Characters. Description now shows up on Graphs, Drop-Downs, and hover-over ballons via the number icons
-   Load Profile: Added new “Dedicated MTU” Load Profile type that will base events on total MTU use vs changes in MTU power levels
-   Load Profile: Fixed bug where deleting a profile would disable other profiles
-   Load Profile: Fixed bug where MTU’s only connected via 2-wires (120V BK/WH under System Layout) would not detect loads correctly
-   3rd Party Post: Fixed bug w/ activation urls over 40 characters would not allow TED to activate
-   3rd Party Post: Fixed bug where Gateway would need to be rebooted if remote server didn’t respond for 20 minutes or more
-   3rd Party Post: Enhancements to cumulative value precision and queue management

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:28:15 PM by Support7 » Logged
rotus8

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 07:37:46 PM »

Great stuff! Downloading now.

Is there a preferred order for installation?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:42:57 PM by rotus8 » Logged
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »

Either way is fine...if you upload the gateway firmware first, please wait at least a minute or two before uploading footprints..otherwise the gateway firmware update won't complete.
rotus8

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 03:06:19 AM »

I got it loaded and running, and the parts I have tried work fine. I especially like the MTU labels spread around various places.

A couple of things I think need fixing, but are not new - when you first enter the Graphing tab, then select Minute Live View, the Select Sample Size drop menu says 2 hours, but the display shows only 30 minutes. Also, when you switch away from the Graphing tab to another tab, and then go back to Graphing, it looks like there are screen updates to the graph that happened while you were away, but without removing the previous lines making a messy display - it clears up when the next sample arrives. These shouldn't be hard to fix.

I am looking forward to trying the new profile functionality.
rotus8

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:06:36 PM »

I just noticed a neat feature - I don't know if it is new, but I noticed it playing with the new fly-over labels on the graphing tab. When you mouse-over the graph, the fly-over label follows you around and shows the value of the graph at the nearest point. If you click the mouse, the data label sticks where it was, allowing easy reading of the data. Pressing <esc> on the keyboard, and the fly-over starts tracking the cursor again. Cool!
JBurgess

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 05:58:23 PM »

A couple of questions on Demand charges.

Can I do both TOU and Tiered?

How do I set Demand Avg Time?

Is the Demand Peak shown on the dashboard Peak or off peak and how do I see the other?

On Edit:
The Peak kW Today under the RECORDINGS box on the dashboard no longer changes as you selct NET or one of the indivigual MTUs as it had before. It just displays the net Peak kW.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 08:53:01 PM by JBurgess » Logged
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 09:38:21 PM »

Can I do both TOU and Tiered?
We only support either/or in this release. Does your provider calculate demand charges for both? What we normally have seen is that even if your plan is TOU+Tier, demand charges are usually only on Tiers or TOU.

How do I set Demand Avg Time?

We are keeping this at 15 minute samples for the time being. We may change that in the future.

Is the Demand Peak shown on the dashboard Peak or off peak and how do I see the other?

For both TOU and Tiered, we are displaying the highest demand charge used.  In the next release, we will be moving the demand charge display from there to the "Recordings" section where we'll be able to break it down by each peak type. We also are currently only including the maximum TOU peak charge in the mtd and projected cost calculations, but realize some plans (like PGE&E) make it cumulative for all TOU's. We'll add the option to make it cumulative or max in an upcoming release as well.

On Edit:
The Peak kW Today under the RECORDINGS box on the dashboard no longer changes as you select NET or one of the individual MTUs as it had before. It just displays the net Peak kW.
I've not been able to reproduce this issue (the values are changing on all of my test Gateways). I will look into it to see if I can reproduce that result.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:46:33 PM by TedDev » Logged
JBurgess

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 11:39:45 PM »

On Edit:
The Peak kW Today under the RECORDINGS box on the dashboard no longer changes as you select NET or one of the individual MTUs as it had before. It just displays the net Peak kW.
I've not been able to reproduce this issue (the values are changing on all of my test Gateways). I will look into it to see if I can reproduce that result.

Something I did required reseting totals to zero. Having done that it works fine now. I think perhaps remaning of the MTUs.

I have TEDs on several providers and some are cumulative. Knowing you take max helps, I will work around it now I know.

While adding to the recordings sections adding Minimum kW Today would a great improvement. I have to get from the KW Detail Today on the display now.

On Edit:

Is the demand by peak and off peak available on one of API pages?

Can peak demand count generation as well as cunsumption?

A choice for reset demand under the advanced drop down would be helpfull.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:41:55 AM by JBurgess » Logged
DougHo

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 03:25:06 AM »

FWIW, I installed this Beta (first footprints, then gateway).  TED5000 is couple years and kept updated.  Flash Seemed okay, but noticed the following:
-data light stopped blinking on gateway, so I did "Restart TED" - brief flashes but then still no data light flashing
-so I unplugged and replugged gateway - brief flashes but then still no data light flashing
-so I went to System Settings and my MTU Product ID had been zeroed, so I put in actual ID and saved - of course data light then started flashing (other footprints settings also returned to their default)
-the menu option said "Activate Google Powermeter" (where it used to say Deactivate), so I chose that but now Google Powermeter has two same name devices (first with data from 2009 to half-hour ago, second with data from recent minutes)
-TED's "totals" (used since midnight, used this month, etc) reset to zero but history is still there
-the tabs of footprints have a weird horizontal line going through them (I use IE9 if that matters)
PBMax

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 06:50:33 AM »

I've been thinking of getting a WiFi Thermostat.  Is this the one that is supported: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202352449/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

What support/functionality does TED have with this Thermostat?
DougHo

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 04:08:48 PM »

I wrote an earlier msg about installing the Beta firmwares on my couple year old single MTU TED5000.  I noticed another problem.  My daily "min pwr" and "peak pwr" (names in Export Daily Data) are crazy.   Values used to be around 0.075 (75w) and under 10 (10kw).  Now they are numbers like 26.827 (kW!) and -30.288 (negative is peak?).  Similarly the value on Footprints for Peak kW Today is a crazy 35.166, and the bars on Graphing-Day History-Power Min/Max are the huge numbers matching the Export Daily Data.

I also noticed that the Utility Settings Wizard Next button won't advance from the Additional Charges tab to the Write To Device tab (but clicking on the Write To Device tab works fine).

Any ideas?  The min pwr feature had been one of my favorite - if I saw that it was above 75w then I had something to investigate.  I don't think it is noise - my Rec/Skp is around 29299/134.
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 06:29:04 PM »

I wrote an earlier msg about installing the Beta firmwares on my couple year old single MTU TED5000.  I noticed another problem.  My daily "min pwr" and "peak pwr" (names in Export Daily Data) are crazy.   Values used to be around 0.075 (75w) and under 10 (10kw).  Now they are numbers like 26.827 (kW!) and -30.288 (negative is peak?).  Similarly the value on Footprints for Peak kW Today is a crazy 35.166, and the bars on Graphing-Day History-Power Min/Max are the huge numbers matching the Export Daily Data.

Does this include history prior to the beta upgrade or only data collected after the upgrade?  You may need to do a "Reset Totals to Zero" to clear up this issue if its only occurring afterwards.  Its possible those counters got corrupted during the upgrade process (we usually recommend Reset Totals as part of the upgrade process but don't enforce it as its not needed 90% of the time).
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 06:33:39 PM »

I've been thinking of getting a WiFi Thermostat.  Is this the one that is supported: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202352449/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

What support/functionality does TED have with this Thermostat?

TED will be able to read the current temperature and setpoint, and allow the use to change the current mode of operation (heat/cool/auto/off) and change the setpoint from within Footprints. On the CT80, we display current usage recorded by the TED5000 ("Now" power/cost, MTD energy/cost, TDY energy/cost).

We are compatible w/ the 3m50 but it may require a firmware upgrade from RTA (like the CT30/CT80). We'll keep the site posted on when those firmware updates will be available from RTA.

DougHo

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 09:01:40 PM »

TedDev: Sorry I was not clear, but my crazy high values for Daily Min Pwr and Max Pwr are only for the days since the upgrade (History before the upgrade is fine).  And as I mentioned in Jun 11 post, Totals got reset during the firmware upgrade even though it was unexpected by me (since I had recent firmware and had not issued the command).  Are you sure that there wasn't some error added for small <100 watt usage like mine?
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 09:42:36 PM »

TedDev: Sorry I was not clear, but my crazy high values for Daily Min Pwr and Max Pwr are only for the days since the upgrade (History before the upgrade is fine).  And as I mentioned in Jun 11 post, Totals got reset during the firmware upgrade even though it was unexpected by me (since I had recent firmware and had not issued the command).  Are you sure that there wasn't some error added for small <100 watt usage like mine?

The min/max pwr calculation code hasn't been modified for several release versions. I'll run a test rig w/ low usage for a few days to see if I can reproduce the results and check to see if any changes we put in place could have a side-effect. However, if this is only isolated to min/max pwr and you don't see out-of-whack recordings on your minute/hourly data then its probably going to be an issue that is resolved by calling another "Reset Totals to Zero".

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: