Author Topic: Ted not receiving  (Read 5562 times)

Nadine

Ted not receiving
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:35 AM »
My unit has been installed since May of this year, and seemed to be reading fine. I just went to retrieve the monthly reading so I could bill my tenant and there is no reading. The green LED is not flashing so it's not receiving data, but I'm not sure what to check. I tried it in a different outlet with no change. No new appliances or anything else has been added in the last month. I had my electrician install the unit, but before calling him back and having a big bill, I thought I would ask for suggestions what I could do myself.

RussellH

Re: Ted not receiving
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:18:44 PM »
What about the LED on the MTU (the one in the panel)?  You may have to temporarily power it down to reboot it.

Nadine

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:07:37 AM »
I don't see the MTU at my panel. My electrician just labeled a breaker for it and showed me how to use the receiver unit.  Should I just turn the breaker off for a few minutes and back on?

TEDSupport6

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 06:28:30 AM »
Yes, try powering off the breaker for a few minutes. I also recommend moving your RDU to an outlet that is fed by the same circuit that your MTU is connected to. Let us know if you're still experiencing issues after these steps.

Nadine

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:03:51 AM »
I did get it to start reading again after turning off the breaker for a while. Is there anyway to retrieve lost data? I have no record of the month of November as far as I can tell so I can't accurately bill my tenant.

I also cannot put the receiving unit on the same circuit as the transmitting unit as there are no plug-ins attached to that circuit- it only monitors the tenant's panel usage.  I do not want to put the receiver in the tenant's space and run it off that panel- I try to keep from invading my tenant's space unless I'm doing an inspection which is not every month.

Thanks for your help.

TEDSupport6

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 12:49:22 AM »
Unfortunately there's no way to receive the data that was missed.

Where exactly is your MTU installed? If it's measuring a subpanel that powers the space where your tenant is, do you have the MTU connected inside that subpanel? If it is a subpanel, is there a breaker switch in your main panel that powers that subpanel? Let me know a little more about your setup and we can see if there's a configuration that will work better for you.

Nadine

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:57:43 PM »
Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about electrical or how this was set up. I had an electrician do the installation and that electrician is no longer in the area so I can't ask him about it.  I believe that the MTU is connected on my main panel as there is a breaker labeled for it there, and I believe that there is a breaker that controls the sub-panel, but it is not labelled and I didn't ask during the set up of the new panels. Apparently I have a lot to learn about what to ask and things I should know about my new house. The RDU seems to be receiving information more consistently now that it is on a different plug in than it was.  It currently is about 10 feet away from my main panel.  Thanks for your time and help.