Author Topic: Suggestion - Roku channel, Roku Screensaver  (Read 854 times)

jlsoaz

Suggestion - Roku channel, Roku Screensaver
« on: May 04, 2019, 10:25:06 PM »
Hi -
I suggest that Energy Inc consider working with Roku to:

- allow for the TED information to display as a screensaver on a video screen hooked to a Roku.
- allow for a TED channel on the Roku that would allow for a person to view and scroll through the basic TED information on the video screen rather than just on a computer or the separate handheld LCD display.

jlsoaz

Re: Suggestion - Roku channel, Roku Screensaver
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 11:17:54 AM »
Also, if there is another way to get the TED information to a video screen without too much hassle and that does not necessarily involve working with another technology provider, then that might be a good idea as well.  If there is a competitor to Roku that offers similar capabilities to Roku, then they might also be worth considering.  The overall idea here is that I have long thought it might be interesting if I could see the TED information as a screensaver option on my video screen, as well as perhaps view a bit more in-depth information as a selectable choice in the channels.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:38:37 PM by jlsoaz »

tlveik

Re: Suggestion - Roku channel, Roku Screensaver
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:36:42 PM »
I can't help you on the Roku side, but it's an interesting idea.  If fact, I may just give this a try and write a Windows screen saver for this idea.